Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

What Do You See?

What fried my brain was the fact that color doesn't exist in the physical world. It only exists in our brain. Light is what physically exists in the real world. Our brain takes the light it receives at different wavelengths and converts it to a color to help us interpret what we're seeing.

At least that's how my feeble brain understood the explanation. Now my heads hurts!

Only white and gold. Is this a joke??

The Vsauce video that some people were linking to an explanation about the way we see colors gave a good outline of what is going on. I'm probably over simplifying his video, but with colors the point is there is no way to know if we perceive colors the same way. Even if neither of us is colorblind, there is no way to say your colors are expressed the same way as mine in your head.

This is my own explanation for why some might see blue and black instead of white and gold, that I extrapolated from his explanation. Which could very easily be wrong. Basically you might experience those Colors as white and gold, so you'll always see them as white and gold. Someone else might always experience those colors as blue and black, so they always see those Colors as blue and black.

I do think it is interesting that some people are able to experience both colors

I have tried everything to see Blue or Black... It is WHITE & GOLD no matter when I look at it, on what (pc, phone, etc) or the light in the room or anything... I get from some of the explanations that people process colors differently but white is white, gold is gold... So are you telling me some people are out there wearing "Gold" necklaces but some of you think they are wearing BLUE necklaces?