Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I honestly kind of figured everyone uses sweatshop labor.

Yeah pretty much a common theme with "free trade".

If we switch to Nike, what happens to Thon?

Thon Maker is playing on the Under Armour Circuit right now.

Well anyone who doesn't support a move to NIKE based on human rights concerns had better not have an iPhone.  Apple is just as bad as anyone else in that regard.  Look up some of those work camps in China, there's a reason all those people are committing suicide just to spit out Apple products.

I really don't know if NIKE is still a huge violator of child labor or not, but we all know that during the 1980s and 90s, their brand was synonymous with it.  Maybe they're not that way anymore, I don't know.  If they aren't, I wouldn't be as opposed to a switch to them.

Nike is King at the moment and would be my first choice to replace Adidas. Adidas is trash.  Under Armour is making a HUGE push forward in grassroots basketball. They will completely supplant Adidas and give Nike a run for their money in the next decade. Book It! They will influence top recruits on where they go to school. In fact, many people think that Diamond Stone is one of the first. Considered a heavy Wisconsin lean even though he was a Under Armour AAU kid....They have been so hungry for superstars, that they are willing to pay outrageous money in endorsements. Kevin Durant was reportedly very close to making the switch. They now have the superstar that they desperately needed in Steph Curry. this will help bring others along.

Side note: Kris Wilkes, Paul Scruggs, Michael Porter..... All Under Armour kids.

Nike is King at the moment and would be my first choice to replace Adidas. Adidas is trash. Under Armour is making a HUGE push forward in grassroots basketball. They will completely supplant Adidas and give Nike a run for their money in the next decade. Book It! They will influence top recruits on where they go to school. In fact, many people think that Diamond Stone is one of the first. Considered a heavy Wisconsin lean even though he was a Under Armour AAU kid....They have been so hungry for superstars, that they are willing to pay outrageous money in endorsements. Kevin Durant was reportedly very close to making the switch. They now have the superstar that they desperately needed in Steph Curry. this will help bring others along.

Side note: Kris Wilkes, Paul Scruggs, Michael Porter..... All Under Armour kids.

Under Armour would be good, but they would have nothing to work with for us basketball wise, because our Unis gotta stay the same. Our football uniforms would be sick though.

Nike is King at the moment and would be my first choice to replace Adidas. Adidas is trash.  Under Armour is making a HUGE push forward in grassroots basketball. They will completely supplant Adidas and give Nike a run for their money in the next decade. Book It! They will influence top recruits on where they go to school. In fact, many people think that Diamond Stone is one of the first. Considered a heavy Wisconsin lean even though he was a Under Armour AAU kid....They have been so hungry for superstars, that they are willing to pay outrageous money in endorsements. Kevin Durant was reportedly very close to making the switch. They now have the superstar that they desperately needed in Steph Curry. this will help bring others along.

To hell with Nike! lets go with Under Armour........NOW! :devil:

I would think our recent players now in the NBA (Oladipo, Zeller, and Vonleh) all of who are signed by Jordan would somewhat tilt the hand for us to sign with Nike. I know Zeller and Vonleh might have only been signed with Jordan because they played for his team, but still. Didn't Marquette used to be Converse when DWade was with them then switched to Jordan the same time he did? Just curious if that plays any role into all of this. Would love to have the Nike/Jordan apparel. 

Nike is King at the moment and would be my first choice to replace Adidas. Adidas is trash. Under Armour is making a HUGE push forward in grassroots basketball. They will completely supplant Adidas and give Nike a run for their money in the next decade. Book It! They will influence top recruits on where they go to school. In fact, many people think that Diamond Stone is one of the first. Considered a heavy Wisconsin lean even though he was a Under Armour AAU kid....They have been so hungry for superstars, that they are willing to pay outrageous money in endorsements. Kevin Durant was reportedly very close to making the switch. They now have the superstar that they desperately needed in Steph Curry. this will help bring others along.

I agree that Under Armor will take over Adidas soon in terms of what kids want. They are already huge in football, I thought Notre Dame looked great this year.

Go Under Armour. Lets be the trend setter vs. following the herd.

You do have a point. It seems like it's 70 percent Nike 25 percent Adidas and 5 percent Under Armour at this point. If a recruit wants to go to a Nike school us being Nike will not stand out over the Duke, Kentucky, and Arizona who are all sponsored by Nike.

You do have a point. It seems like it's 70 percent Nike 25 percent Adidas and 5 percent Under Armour at this point. If a recruit wants to go to a Nike school us being Nike will not stand out over the Duke, Kentucky, and Arizona who are all sponsored by Nike.

What's as important as that is also being at the bottom of the pecking order financially. I'm not sure that IU gets the same cash that they currently get from Adidas if they crawl over to Nike. The best scenario is Adidas and Under Armour have a bidding war with Adidas fearful of losing another top school.

Go Under Armour. Lets be the trend setter vs. following the herd.

Under Armour doesn't really make sense for a basketball school, it's more of a football company.  Not that I would mind switching to them.

Under Armour doesn't really make sense for a basketball school, it's more of a football company.  Not that I would mind switching to them.

Under Armour's primary goal at the moment is to grow basketball into a $1 Billion Segment. They are seeing 30-40% quarterly increases in basketball apparel sales. I remember when everyone was saying they stood no chance against Nike in the football market. They were very wrong.

IU could be a good fit for them to display what they can do in basketball.  They locked up Steph Curry so it is clear they want to grow this part of their brand.

I think for UA to view IU as lucrative, we must be open to adjusting our uniforms and other aspects so that UA can fully display their products.  Otherwise, UA is just basically slapping their logo on the same thing adidas did and nike before them.

I bought a UA IU shirt last year at the bookstore and it's by far my favorite. I have no clue how UA made an IU shirt because it was the first I'd ever seen but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to UA taking over Adidas as our brand