Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SF Musa Jallow to Ohio State

Evan Flood = NY2LASports

One of the top stock boosters in the country, Bloomington (Ind.) North 2018 small forward Musa Jallow had a great summer. A high motor, two-way wing, that can play almost anywhere on the floor, Jallow was a nightmare for opposing teams in July.  He exploded at the annual NY2LA Sports Summer Jam in mid-July and the highly coveted wing hasn't looked back since.

“It was awesome to see all the hard work I’ve been putting in pay off,” Jallow told NY2LASPORTS.COM. “It motivated me to keep on going.”

Jallow has nine scholarship offers in total going into his junior season. He broke down some of the bigger programs currently pursuing him.

Butler: “I like talking to them. They like that I have a high motor and how I get up and down the court. They just liked what I was doing on the court.”

Indiana: “Coach (Tom) Crean is all about a fast-paced game, getting up shots. I think I fit in with them pretty easily.”

Purdue: “Coach (Matt) Painter is very high on my energy level and my work ethic. He likes how hard I play on the court every single game.”

Stanford: “It’s a great school. Right when I was offered, I was shocked. It’s one of the best academic schools. I know if I go there, I’m set for life.”

Virginia: “Coach (Tony) Bennett and the coaches have been in pretty close contact. They love my work ethic and they think I can bring something different to their program that they haven’t had before.”

Jallow has other offers from Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Toledo, and IUPUI. Among the schools currently expressing interest, Jallow visited Louisville and Michigan State this fall.

Louisville: “I just talked to some of the assistant coaches and we hung out at the football game. They told me if I come there to play basketball, it’s definitely a great place to go and they can take my game to the next level.” 

Michigan State: “I got to play in an open gym. I got to play against Denzel Valentine a little bit. That was a good experience. They also have four top 100 freshmen and I got to test myself against them.”

Jallow will visit Butler on Saturday. He also made trips to Indiana, Stanford, and Northwestern this fall.  The 6-foot-5, 185-pound junior said he plans to play out next summer and take official visits before making a decision.  “I haven’t really broken it down too much,” he said. 

Jallow plays with Team Blaze during the travel season.