Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SF Musa Jallow to Ohio State

Just now, Chris007 said:

Just going off of Virginia kind of stopped recruiting him this AAU season like we did. 

Yup...just finished reading the UVA board. Much like IU, UVA apparently has considerably cooled on pursuing Jallow.

Pass.

19 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

I understand him not going to IU but having gone to school with this kid it's really going to sting for 4 years if it is OSU. Really hoping he leaves the big ten.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There's also a chance he will be average/nothing special. This is apparently the thought process from IU and UVA, so I will trust their judgement.

There's also a chance he will be average/nothing special. This is apparently the thought process from IU and UVA, so I will trust their judgement.

That's true, I expect him to be at least a productive 4 year player. It just sucks to see a home town kid go to a rival school

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Interesting development if true.  This from Adam Jardy O$U beat writer for the Columbus Dispatch.

I've seen the report that Musa Jallow is reclassifying to the class of 2017. I've been told the same thing.

Makes sense they need bodies. 

Committed to OSU. It looks like he's reclassifying into '17 as well.

And that's likely a major reason we didn't continue to pursue; Archie has made it clear that he doesn't prefer to carry 13 scholly players. If he did, it would have to be for a special situation. That's not Jallow.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

So has he been planning this reclass for awhile now? It doesn't seem like something you can decide to do during the summer before senior year. 

Could be something broached by O$U because of their need.

That'll put a dent in Souths prospects for this coming season.

4 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Could be something broached by O$U because of their need.

That'll put a dent in Souths prospects for this coming season.

Yeah that would make sense. I'm just wondering how he got the credits to work for high school if it was just recently proposed by O$U. 

From NY2LA Sports

Just a few weeks ago, Bloomington (Ind.) North 2017 G/F Musa Jallow had zero idea of where he wanted to attend school. Leaving the door open to reclassify from 2018 to 2017, new Ohio State head coach Chris Holtmann and Ohio State accelerated that timeline. Once a 2018 prospect, Jallow was given the opportunity to enroll in Columbus this fall and after an unofficial visit earlier this summer, Jallow was sold and committed to the Buckeyes on Friday. "It's just a great opportunity,” Jallow told NY2LA Sports. “I went there as a sophomore and I loved it. I was preparing to graduate early. When coach Holtmann called me and asked me to come early, I wanted to go.  It's just the best fit and the right opportunity." Jallow held other offers from Indiana, Vanderbilt, Butler, Purdue, Stanford, Virginia Tech, and others.  The 6-foot-6, 200-pound wing will be the third incoming freshman for Ohio State next season. "He (Holtmann) was excited,” said Jallow. “They're throwing a little party in the hotel room."  Jallow visited Ohio State in June. During his campus tour, Jallow knew his search was over.  "When we were on campus, we were walking around and I remember walking next my sister and saying, 'I don't need to see anywhere else. I'm going here.' I just knew I wanted to be there,” Jallow explained. "Two, three weeks ago, I had no idea where I wanted to go." Jallow was picking up additional interest from Nebraska, Oregon, and Wisconsin going into the July evaluation period.  While he won’t report to Ohio State until August, the Buckeyes have big plans for Jallow’s future. "I'm definitely going to be a guard, interchange between the 1,2, or 3,” said Jallow. “I'm going to be very versatile. Be able to jump up and grab a board, go coast-to-coast, and make plays for my teammates. Put myself and my teammates into great positions to score. Also lock up defensively and be aggressive on that end."  Jallow plays for Team Blaze Select during the travel season.

So has he been planning this reclass for awhile now? It doesn't seem like something you can decide to do during the summer before senior year. 

It's not too uncommon. I didn't really care for academics in high school. I could have graduated in the summer between my junior and senior year if they would have allowed me to take senior English.

I'm sure Jallow is a good stupid and obviously was presented a similar option. Best of luck to the young man but I hope O$U racks up the Ls.

To add to that. His shooting makes Stan Robinson look like Calbert Cheaney.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

If UVA also cooled I feel better about the decision from Archie and co. Bennett is a very good evaluator of talent. 

Left handed Stan, right handed Stan or both handed Stan???

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app