Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SF Musa Jallow to Ohio State

14 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Not ok with allowing a homegrown talent to leave our backyard without putting in the effort unless we know we are getting a much better talent. Inside out doesn't get much more literal than this and doesn't add up

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie clearly decided he wasn't a right fit a while ago. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If Jallow wasn't from Bloomington I doubt people would want him so bad. I don't want to settle for inferior players just because they're from Indiana. 

I think he would be a great 5th member to a recruiting class

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If Jallow wasn't from Bloomington I doubt people would want him so bad. I don't want to settle for inferior players just because they're from Indiana. 

Maybe the reason why Archie doesn't appear to covet him much is because he doesn't want him to be a quick commit and influence someone more desirable to go elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Maybe the reason why Archie doesn't appear to covet him much is because he doesn't want him to be a quick commit and influence someone more desirable to go elsewhere.

Yeah I can see that. He would be a solid 4 year player to round out the class, but we seem to be going after better players at his position. In that case it would make sense why Archie isn't making him a top priority. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I'd be wary of a 5 person class. We would only have 2 spots for 2019. 

I hear what you're saying. Having only 2 in 19 is low with so many great options.

May be another opening or 2, that we haven't an idea about.

If only hindsight was perfect foresight.

Just now, HoosierHoops1 said:

I hear what you're saying. Having only 2 in 19 is low with so many great options.

May be another opening or 2, that we haven't an idea about.

If only hindsight was perfect foresight.

I'm guessing we only take 3-4 this year and have 3-4 available for next year.

Inferior to what? He is a talent. Nobody is saying he should be the highlight to a big class, but we need 4 year guys in this class as much as we need a few immediate impact guys and oh btw, he lives right off campus.

No, if he wasn't from Bloomington we wouldn't be having this conversation but he is and he is a good player. This is where Crean failed in my opinion and I hope Archie doesn't do the same. Crean tended to round out classes with obscur adds from unranked kids from across the country. I was hoping that Archie would round out classes with top 150 kids that live nearby that the fans know and are Indiana kids.

Not saying by passing on Jallow he isn't delivering on that, but will be interesting to see his approach if Jallow doesn't fit into his plans...

13 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Inferior to what? He is a talent. Nobody is saying he should be the highlight to a big class, but we need 4 year guys in this class as much as we need a few immediate impact guys and oh btw, he lives right off campus.

No, if he wasn't from Bloomington we wouldn't be having this conversation but he is and he is a good player. This is where Crean failed in my opinion and I hope Archie doesn't do the same. Crean tended to round out classes with obscur adds from unranked kids from across the country. I was hoping that Archie would round out classes with top 150 kids that live nearby that the fans know and are Indiana kids.

Not saying by passing on Jallow he isn't delivering on that, but will be interesting to see his approach if Jallow doesn't fit into his plans...

But it seems like the IU staff prefers similar skillset local recruit Aaron Henry to Musa Jallow. 

My takeaway? They don't like Jallow and foresee Aaron Henry as the in-state 6'5" athletic project that would like to fill out the class with.

But it seems like the IU staff prefers similar skillset local recruit Aaron Henry to Musa Jallow. 
My takeaway? They don't like Jallow and foresee Aaron Henry as the in-state 6'5" athletic project that would like to fill out the class with.

Fair, hope we get him then because Jallow won't be around/a backup option if we miss on Henry

3 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Will be shocked if it isn't Ohio State. I'm fine with this, btw. We need to offer Henry though. He'll be a great 4 year player

I would be more pleased if he left the Big ten. He is scary because if he puts it all together he could be a really good 4 year player. 

Getting Jerome Hunter out of Columbus would me feel better about letting Jallow go. Hopefully he doesn't turn into an IU killer the next 4 years if it's really OSU.

Also are we discrediting Virginia in assuming he's going to OSU? He's had just as long a relationship with Bennett as anyone. He always speaks highly of UVA.

3 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Getting Jerome Hunter out of Columbus would me feel better about letting Jallow go. Hopefully he doesn't turn into an IU killer the next 4 years if it's really OSU.

Also are we discrediting Virginia in assuming he's going to OSU? He's had just as long a relationship with Bennett as anyone. He always speaks highly of UVA.

Just going off of Virginia kind of stopped recruiting him this AAU season like we did.