Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosiers High Life

Not say crean is bad coach just questioning some of his choice

I have a big problem with some of the combinations that are put on the floor; as others have said there should never be a time when Troy/Blackmon/Yogi are all resting.

I don't particularly have an issue with how often we sub. Our guys need their legs, especially this year with no margin for error. It isn't automated subbing but there is a philosophy going into each game. Doesn't mean they stick to it by the letter. Coaching basketball is so much different than other sports because it's all on the fly, it's quick thinking. Whether a player is "hot" shouldn't matter if he is giving up those points at the other end. People point that out, but they don't see why they made the sub. It's an assumption on the part of the viewer.

The idea that Crean looks at an index card to tell him how to coach the game is so asinine and typical from our resident grandpa. Other coaches don't use notes? Last I checked his boy Stevens uses 25 page analytic reports to help their staff make "coaching adjustments."

I think this is just an example of everyone following the team so closely. The subbing does not have the impact many think it does. You don't ride a guy because he is making shots. Everyone on our team can make shots... Just play the game.

But did anybody catch how upset Troy was at this... as he was walking to the line he glanced over and saw his sub going to the scorers table and made a very noticable face of frustration.... I even commented after he missed the 2nd free throw that it was probably deliberate (the missed FT) as it was his only chance to stay in the game as he was getting "hot"

I seen the look and yes he missed a couple free throws on purpose to stay in the game and I'd have to agree with him I would be frustrated if I was heating up and got yanked as well totally kills momentum!!!

I seen the look and yes he missed a couple free throws on purpose to stay in the game and I'd have to agree with him I would be frustrated if I was heating up and got yanked as well totally kills momentum!!!

That's understandable but he had 2 fouls towards the end o the half.  It was the right coaching decision and shows that he still lacks some maturity.  Maybe when he finally came out coach explained it to him?

I saw the look too, but don't think he missed on purpose. I've been in that situation, and it's more a miss out of lack of concentration, not really doing it on purpose. It just throws you off because you don't want to come out, but I doubt he missed on purpose m

But did anybody catch how upset Troy was at this... as he was walking to the line he glanced over and saw his sub going to the scorers table and made a very noticable face of frustration.... I even commented after he missed the 2nd free throw that it was probably deliberate (the missed FT) as it was his only chance to stay in the game as he was getting "hot"

Pitino said recently in an interview, paraphrasing: if there is a big drop off between by starters and my bench, I would rather play my starters tired then my bench fresh.

I would rather have a tired Yogi than a fresh Stan. No reason why our starters aren't playing together most of the game. Don't need to play all of these guys and weird lineups. A lot of the game is trust and knowing what your teammate can do and is going to do and these weird lineups screws that up

Crean is just so OCD/nervous acting and he always seems scattered brain and out of control. I get the feeling he's very insecure in his own coaching ability, and that translates onto the court and to the players to some extent. I really think the players dont have much confidence in their leader, and it shows a lot on the court. I'm sorry but IU will never have the level of success we all want under Crean. NEVER!

I sincerely hope Glass is paying attention to the program. One would assume he is. Its going in the wrong direction. We have a coach that will never make this into a top ten or even a top twenty five program on a yearly basis. What needs to be done is obvious.

This is really old-school but I would write letters ( email or snail mail ) to the editors of the H-T and the IDS. In fact, I plan to do it today. Letters to the editors make our feelings known not just to Glass or McRobbie or whomever. They become part of the public record. The powers-that-be notice that.

I don't give a F how we shoot from the field the next two games.  I want to see if we can actually defend, hit FTs, and do something, anything fundamentally sound.  There are times I feel like this is the first year playing basketball, at any level, for most of these guys.  Keep your man in front of you, box out, set a solid screen, anything

8fe0e195dddf5b0981738a3d3d452794383b6c41

I don't give a F how we shoot from the field the next two games.  I want to see if we can actually defend, hit FTs, and do something, anything fundamentally sound.  There are times I feel like this is the first year playing basketball, at any level, for most of these guys.  Keep your man in front of you, box out, set a solid screen, anything!

Well stated Aloha. 

Crean mentioned this in a press conference a couple of weeks ago. He said he knows that fans and media question his sub patterns and that they don't understand and he doesn't expect them to.

I've always wondered if he understands them?

Please lead this group and get everyone on the "let your frustration heard by telling Fred Glass" train. I honestly don't know if Glass knows how bad it is.

I also don't know if Glass really cares. The program is making money so thats probably about all he cares about. The football team comes back every year saying "this will be the year for a bowl game" and jack squat so Im not sure Mr. Glass really cares. Im with the group that thinks Crean and Glass should get the boot at the same time. People probably won't agree with me but I think they are tied at the hip

You think Glass listens to his voice mails?

I don't know if he listens to his voice mails, but I had the chance to talk to him when IU played the Badgers earlier this month.  I found him to genuinely care what people think.  He took almost 15 minutes before the game to talk to me about IU athletics.