Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Don't want to be a downer but I think we'll miss out on all of our big man targets this recruiting cycle, but that's actually ok with me.  I've said this before and it remains true, we're going to be a VERY attractive destination for a graduate transfer after this season, especially if everyone on our team comes back.

We'll have one of the best point guards in the country, great shooters, very good wings, but we're just missing a big man in the middle to go with Hanner.  What better place to come than IU, a school that's churned out several lottery picks the last few years?

Don't want to be a downer but I think we'll miss out on all of our big man targets this recruiting cycle, but that's actually ok with me. I've said this before and it remains true, we're going to be a VERY attractive destination for a graduate transfer after this season, especially if everyone on our team comes back.

We'll have one of the best point guards in the country, great shooters, very good wings, but we're just missing a big man in the middle to go with Hanner. What better place to come than IU, a school that's churned out several lottery picks the last few years?

Thats all very true. My question, though, is this: if everyone returns, where do the schollys for the grad transfer, and for that matter, the 2 frosh.

Thats all very true. My question, though, is this: if everyone returns, where do the schollys for the grad transfer, and for that matter, the 2 frosh.

Not everyone will come back. We'll definitely have transfers. We've had'em every year Creans been here and that trend will continue. Yogi could possibly go pro as well. My guess is you won't see April, Priller, and (maybe) Robinson on the team next year. Also, Devin Davis remains a big question mark. Will be an interesting off season as it always is with Tom Crean coached teams.

Can we please stop acting like this is a Tom Crean problem? Is he more fluid in how he manages his roster? Sure. It's how you get better. But it isn't anything to get so worked up over. I still don't know what transfer has hurt us; Luke is one and it likely will only hurt us for one year.

I'm sure some will twist and say Remy, Creek, Roth, but that's simply revisionist history. There's a lot of that here.

It would be nice to have a stable roster, but the best teams don't because they get great players. If we want to have a stable roster, then we can't complain when there are down/young teams. We can recruit guys who will be here for 3-4 years, but don't complain about not being elite.

Can we please stop acting like this is a Tom Crean problem? Is he more fluid in how he manages his roster? Sure. It's how you get better. But it isn't anything to get so worked up over. I still don't know what transfer has hurt us; Luke is one and it likely will only hurt us for one year.

I'm sure some will twist and say Remy, Creek, Roth, but that's simply revisionist history. There's a lot of that here.

It would be nice to have a stable roster, but the best teams don't because they get great players. If we want to have a stable roster, then we can't complain when there are down/young teams. We can recruit guys who will be here for 3-4 years, but don't complain about not being elite.

your not making any sense again your quote "If we want to have a stable roster, then we can't complain when there are down/young teams". Dude, That is the opposite of a stable roster. Stable roster means having balanced classes where we never have 7 freshman and 0 seniors

Well yeah, I meant if everyone who is a significant contributor comes back.  I expect some transfers, because there pretty much have to be.  There are the obvious candidates, and who knows with Devin Davis.  Most people just assume he can take a redshirt year to get back into playing shape and regain his skills, but nothing is a given.  From what I understand, he was literally on his death bed that night, so there is a possibility he never really regains the ability to play at a high level so maybe he takes a medical hardship scholarship or something.

Hope that's not the case with him though, obviously we'd all like to see him back out there.  He was the player I was most excited to see this year honestly.

Don't want to be a downer but I think we'll miss out on all of our big man targets this recruiting cycle, but that's actually ok with me.  I've said this before and it remains true, we're going to be a VERY attractive destination for a graduate transfer after this season, especially if everyone on our team comes back.

We'll have one of the best point guards in the country, great shooters, very good wings, but we're just missing a big man in the middle to go with Hanner.  What better place to come than IU, a school that's churned out several lottery picks the last few years?

Thought we were attractive for a grad transfer last year as well. Maybe JUCO?

The roster WILL change. Not worried about room for new guys. Probably somebody we expect to leave and someone totally unexpected.

I've heard that Perea wants to leave to go back to Colombia after this year because him and coach Crean don't really get along.

I've also heard that Yogi will go pro after this year.

I'm expecting a nice couple games in this tourney and I think it bumps Troy, or JBJ up just enough to leave for the NBA.

Also, so I don't have to search.. Why did we not/why are we not going after Paul Skruggs and Swanigan?

Scruggs is a 2017 recruit. He is only a sophomore in high school and we are recruiting him heavily. We were the first to offer him. Swanigan has made it known from the beginning that he has no interest in coming to IU. Plus his situation is really sketchy as he has a "handler"

I've heard that Perea wants to leave to go back to Colombia after this year because him and coach Crean don't really get along.

I've also heard that Yogi will go pro after this year.

I'm expecting a nice couple games in this tourney and I think it bumps Troy, or JBJ up just enough to leave for the NBA.

Perea won't go back to Colombia without his degree.

Yogi is staying here

Troy and JBJ still have a lot to improve upon before going pro. No one is going to take Troy without some sort of jump shot.  No one is going to take JBJ without improved ball handling and D