Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 3 game series @ Stanford

It's about that time! Let's get this party started! We open the season on Friday in a Regional rematch with the Cardinals. Looking forward to this year with all of the new additions. Games 1 & 2 are on Pac-12 Network if you have it. I'll post more game info when it comes available. Go Hoosiers!

Game 1 - Friday @  6pm ET -- Effross > RadioGametracker - W, 4-2
Game 2 - Saturday @  9pm ET -- Morris > Radio, Gametracker - W, 4-3 in 10
Game 3 - Sunday  @  3pm ET -- Kelzer > StreamRadioGametracker - L, 4-3

d1baseball just released their projected field of 64.  they have nebraska hosting, maryland and illinois a 2, and our hoosiers a 3.  opponents also include cal state fullerton, college of charleston, stanford, louisville and dartmouth with an auto bid.  kentucky, xavier, indiana state and long beach state not listed but were tournament teams last year.  thats a tough non-conference schedule.

d1 also published their b1g preview.  both d1 and baseball america tab sowers as foy.  ba projects michigan, not us as a tournament team.

i'd be ecstatic if we took two at stanford.  need at least one from effross or morris, for the sake of rpi and confidence moving forward.

the sense i'm getting from lemo's interviews is that we have depth all over the diamond.  starters will constantly be pushed which is of course a great thing.  i expect to see a lineup of:

rodrigue 4

nolden 8

hartong 2

donley 7

sowers 9

pasteur 5, dedelow 3, gibbs 0 in some order in the next three slots

ramos 6

effross

eustace is another young guy reportedly impressing in scrimmages.  got the start in the xavier exhibition.  if donley doesnt cut it defensively in left field, one option is eustace replaces him out there and donley moves back to dh.  or if gibbs is swinging a hot stick, put him behind the dish and move hartong to left, donley to dh.  or maybe donley and dedelow just switch positions since dedelow is naturally an outfielder.  sujka, wilhite and cangelosi are also fighting for playing time.  lots of depth and flexibility.  this team will be really competitive and exciting to follow.  cant wait.

for people here that dont have pac12 network, i was given a link on another forum to a site, similar to a firstrowsports or vipbox but smaller and essentially exclusive to west coast sport, that "should carry the game".  pm me if interested.  i dont want to post it here and potentially compromise it for those guys.  it's a very simple page that looks like it was created by a fan for his/her fellow fans, if you know what i'm sayin.

Big Ten Baseball‏@B1Gbaseball
@TerpsBaseball tops 2015 #B1GBaseball preseason poll, coming off 1st Super Regional appearance in #Terps history. 

1. Maryland

2. Nebraska

3. Illinois

4. IU

5. Michigan

6. OSU