Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I think Hawkins will be fine, I mean you don't get offers from Florida Florida state and ole miss out of high school if you're not an absolute stud. His rust will wear off during camp

Some would yes, but not all. Training camp isn't the same as live game action so some rust he will only be able to knock off when real games start.

Some would yes, but not all. Training camp isn't the same as live game action so some rust he will only be able to knock off when real games start.

Ok I understand that, but I mean it's not like this guy is coming back from an injury, he played last year his program just got shut down

Hawkins didn't play last year, he sat out after transferring from Florida. He redshirted at Florida, so he hasn't seen game action in two years. So they'll be some rust to knock off, but he is probably chomping at the bit to play some ball as well.

I'm actually a little worried about the secondary, especially corners, since we lost a lot of experience there. Hopefully Fant and Clark can improve after seeing some playing time last season.

Fant really became more involved towards the end of the year. I think he'll be OK. My concern is his size. Hopefully he is putting on weight during the off season.

I just hope jordan and Hawkins live up to expectations. Gotta get these guys the ball any way possible

Big expectations for Jordan Howard, it will be interesting to see how he performs once IU hits the Big Ten portion of the schedule. He will be facing bigger and faster players he was accustomed to facing during Conference USA games. On the other hand, he will have bigger and faster guys blocking for him. 

He just needs to get off to a good start in non conference so he can ride that into big10 play. No doubt he's gonna be shocked when we play osu and msu, hopefully he will adjust

He just needs to get off to a good start in non conference so he can ride that into big10 play. No doubt he's gonna be shocked when we play osu and msu, hopefully he will adjust

Hes played against LSU and Miss. State, so I think he's probably seen some things.

QB: Sudfeld, Diamont, Covington
RB: Howard, Redding, Mister
WR1: Hawkins, Booth
WR2: Patrick, Cobbs
WR3: Harris, Jones
TE: Fuchs, Friend
OT: Spriggs, Baker
OG: Herron, Gardner
C: Reed, Rogers
OG: Feeney, Bailey
OT: Evans, Camiel

Like it. Only disagreement is that I think they will try to RS Zander (and King).

Hes played against LSU and Miss. State, so I think he's probably seen some things.

He has played against LSU and Miss. State but not on a weekly basis. How did he perform against those schools as compared to the C-USA schools? The bottom of the B1G is terrible, but the top of the B1G is so much better than anything C-USA has to offer, including Marshall. While IU's line will be better than anything he has run behind previously, he is going to see bigger, faster and stronger players on the other side of the ball in the B1G with the exception being Purdue.