Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

IU v. Wisco Game Thread 2/3 7pm on ESPN

Everybody breath........................................

Go back and think of pre-season expectations.  We ALLLLLL knew this team was mysterious and unpredictable.  Heck, I didn't think we would have ever been ranked in the top 25 but we did.  We won some games that I shook my head at and we lost some games that I shook my head.  Quite frankly, I am feeling pretty good where we are sitting compared to my expectations. 

I remember seeing a Bob Knight team get schooled at Minnesota by 50 and Pat Knight being the player of the game. 

Continue to give support.  I know it's hard and that it sucks when winning isnt there.  But they could have given up last night and trust me, I would rather see 14 than 40 points in deficit.

Don't tell me the players don't want to win.  They are doing the best they can with what they are given.

Pray and have faith that the remainder of the season finishes well and above expectations.

Ok, we played with them for a half. We got punched to start the second, eventually responded and beat the spread. I know we want to win... But why is everyone so pissed? This team had to be nearly perfect to win there. We are in no different shape now than we were after Maryland. We have taken care of business where we needed to. If we do that the rest of the way, we are 13-5. Not too bad for a used car salesman.

Ok, we played with them for a half. We got punched to start the second, eventually responded and beat the spread. I know we want to win... But why is everyone so pissed? This team had to be nearly perfect to win there. We are in no different shape now than we were after Maryland. We have taken care of business where we needed to. If we do that the rest of the way, we are 13-5. Not too bad for a used car salesman.

I think winning @NW and @Rutgers is going to be difficult but not impossible.  We have 2 B1G road wins where no other B1G team has won, yet. 

And you would have been wrong more often than not.

You don't actually watch Stan play. You were me a year ago: making excuses. I made excuses for every player, every coach, every decision. Stan is the worst decision maker with the ball on the team. Hands down. Your stat lines only prove to me you don't actually watch. The kid costs us more possessions when he is in than any other player since Verdell. He drives, pulls up, and either gets blocked or bricks it. On defense he stays in front of his man. OH WOW WHAT A CONCEPT. Last year he was an above average Freshman, this year he is making me miss Hollowell. Hell, he's making me miss Johnny Marlin. I've never seen such a selfish player who wasn't any good. At least Dumes hit those stupid threes every once and a while. Stan bricked and got blocked again and again last night. Shocker. Hoetzel is young and I guess my anger is more the way Crean uses him than his actual play. He's a spot up shooter who doesn't shoot. He's a forward at the bottom of a 2-3 zone when we have Holt on the bench. He gets smoked. Why is he on the floor is he is't shooting and is out of place on D? Stan contracted Hollowell fever and I'm afraid the doctor is out. Maybe he should have kept smoking pot. Sure as hell didn't make him worse. 

Jesus, if they go in the dance with a number 1 seed it will be completely inflated. Is the B1G purposely keeping them from playing the top teams in the conference just to protect a tournament seed? WTH?

Put their schedule up to Gonzaga's and they look like giant killers.

You don't actually watch Stan play. You were me a year ago: making excuses. I made excuses for every player, every coach, every decision. Stan is the worst decision maker with the ball on the team. Hands down. Your stat lines only prove to me you don't actually watch. The kid costs us more possessions when he is in than any other player since Verdell. He drives, pulls up, and either gets blocked or bricks it. On defense he stays in front of his man. OH WOW WHAT A CONCEPT. Last year he was an above average Freshman, this year he is making me miss Hollowell. Hell, he's making me miss Johnny Marlin. I've never seen such a selfish player who wasn't any good. At least Dumes hit those stupid threes every once and a while. Stan bricked and got blocked again and again last night. Shocker. Hoetzel is young and I guess my anger is more the way Crean uses him than his actual play. He's a spot up shooter who doesn't shoot. He's a forward at the bottom of a 2-3 zone when we have Holt on the bench. He gets smoked. Why is he on the floor is he is't shooting and is out of place on D? Stan contracted Hollowell fever and I'm afraid the doctor is out. Maybe he should have kept smoking pot. Sure as hell didn't make him worse.

I stopped reading your garbage after you said I don't watch. You obviously have some thing against this kid. Good night.