Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Alford Bailey

Recruiting Momentum

I find it ironic that Richard Pitino stands at 3-7 with Minnesota considering his recommendation for Rick to acquire Kenny Johnson was like having a large tree limb fall across our driveway when it comes to recruiting.  I'm very happy with job that Chuck Martin has done in resurfacing and cleaning up that area.  I must say he is off to a solid start laying the proper foundation bringing Holt for our recruiting momentum to spiral onward and upward.  I like the variety of facial expressions that the lad Emmit Holt brings to the table.  Forget about the wingspan, ability to defend ...ability to get to the rim & charity stripe ....  and all that other stuff.  The facial expressions are just marvelous. 

I think at this point Emmit has no idea how good he can be.  I hope he is watching film of Kenneth Faried Kawhi Leonard and Tyler Hansbrough. 

I think at this point Emmit has no idea how good he can be.  I hope he is watching film of Kenneth Faried Kawhi Leonard and Tyler Hansbrough. 

I wish they would throw him the ball on that high pick and roll

.I see them look that off a few times every game including tonight.Seems it would give our opponents another thing to  cover and would open up the wing if they collapsed.Ive seen him make that move several times earlier but now we don't go to it.

I can't believe anyone would challenge this team's heart. Last year, that's a different story. But this team has had some guys man up... you can't fault their heart because they were outmatched against Louisville. MSU and Purdue were pathetic efforts for the most part, but what about the other 15 games or whatever it is?

Now that said, my personal preference would be for Indiana to recruit players with a bit different background than many of our privileged private school dwellers...

It's amazing how closely one can follow this stuff and still have zero clue. haha

. I actually agree with you. Not sure why people are questioning the fight in these boys. That's not the issue.

Shockingly, Crean can't coach and the recruits have figured it out long after many of us fans and alumni have. With our need for a big this year and next, 5 star recruits should be busting down the doors to get to Bloomington but April and Priller are all that sign. I know you don't think its Crean due to your love fest with him. Shockingly, recruits like to play for championship coaches and not one that has gotten past the sweet 16 once in their very mediocre career. I for one would rather have a coach that actually earns his check on the sidelines instead of talking about winning and the Indiana way when he can't back it up. Crean's not the devil he's just a terrible coach. All the players a coach signs is worthy to be here. Its how they are coached up to dtermine if they're champions.

Championship coaches like Hamilton st FSU?

Who said anything about every kid? One or two off that list changes everything.

No it wouldn't. If it isn't one thing, it is something else. We got Zeller to commit and people complained because Teague didn't come here

I'm not even a big Crean fan. But the red hot rage some of you hold for the man is weird

No it wouldn't. If it isn't one thing, it is something else. We got Zeller to commit and people complained because Teague didn't come here

I'm not even a big Crean fan. But the red hot rage some of you hold for the man is weird

So 3 days ago....

I believe we should hold judgement on how the recruiting momentum is going. We still have the spring coming up with many excellent recruits yet to commit. If we get our 'big' we'll be good. I don't understand the oversigns but i'm not paid to analyze and predict what players are leaving and who is staying. The coaches surely have an idea and are recruiting with that knowledge.

I still maintain hope! Yep, i'll admit it. It's just a dumb GAME after all and no need to suck-start a .45 over it. Give props to what our team has done so far. We have won, we have lost.....yet, we are still in contention for an NCAA run. I'm pretty happy with that. I do want another banner, don't get me wrong. I think we just need to support this coach and the team and when it's all said and done................we'll do what needs to be done ~ Celebrate or dissolution~ easy enough.

GO IU!!!

I'll just put this here. '15 JUCO SG Benji Bell on the radar.

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/news_article/show/474926?referrer_id=

Benji Bell, a 6’4 guard, has had an excellent season to date and has shot the ball well from the field and from the three-point line. He is averaging 15.7 points, 5.2 assists and 3.4 rebounds per game this season. Bell is shooting the ball at a 51.1% clip from the field and 47.3% from the three-point line. He is 35th in the country in three-point field goal percentage. Bell has seen his recruitment pick up of late. He has recent interest from a long list of schools including: Purdue, Indiana, Xavier, NC State, Arizona State, East Carolina and Houston.

I'll just put this here. '15 JUCO SG Benji Bell on the radar.

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/news_article/show/474926?referrer_id=

Benji Bell, a 6’4 guard, has had an excellent season to date and has shot the ball well from the field and from the three-point line. He is averaging 15.7 points, 5.2 assists and 3.4 rebounds per game this season. Bell is shooting the ball at a 51.1% clip from the field and 47.3% from the three-point line. He is 35th in the country in three-point field goal percentage. Bell has seen his recruitment pick up of late. He has recent interest from a long list of schools including: Purdue, Indiana, Xavier, NC State, Arizona State, East Carolina and Houston.

Interesting. JUCO guard?

Why is Crean visiting 2015 guards. Why. Why Why. He doesn't even play April and barely plays Holt. What is his plan for next season? Hope Hanner gets better? Even if Hanner is better, he's still one of the worst big men in the B1G if not the worst. Unreal. 

Why is Crean visiting 2015 guards. Why. Why Why. He doesn't even play April and barely plays Holt. What is his plan for next season? Hope Hanner gets better? Even if Hanner is better, he's still one of the worst big men in the B1G if not the worst. Unreal. 

Yogi could be gone. Would suck... IU is on several centers btw.

Yogi could be gone. Would suck... IU is on several centers btw.

Who? Bryant? That kid is NOT coming to IU. Guaranteed. Makur is 2016. Kasongo is a Juco who is unproven and had the shadiest recruitment I have ever seen. They couldn't find him at one point. Literally. Who are we kicking off the team? Priller? Stan? April? Please let it be Stan. 

Who? Bryant? That kid is NOT coming to IU. Guaranteed. Makur is 2016. Kasongo is a Juco who is unproven and had the shadiest recruitment I have ever seen. They couldn't find him at one point. Literally. Who are we kicking off the team? Priller? Stan? April? Please let it be Stan. 

Johnny Hamilton is one name to look for. There's a kid in Florida. Plus there are sure to be kids we don't know about yet. I actually think it makes a lot of sense for IU to feel good about Bryant. We will clearly be the best team out of his choices, other than UK. Uncertainty there as well. We'll see. IU is in that one for sure and everyone keeps saying Chuck can set it up. Crean obviously has to close the deal.

As far as departures, there are obviously two kids who have draft thoughts. April is an obvious goner. Priller I would assume as well but not sure. Zeisloft could pay his way next year, there had been some discussion of that.

I get your disdain for Stan right now; he looks really bad on offense and makes some dumb plays defensively as well. Crean loves his sick puppies... it may reach the point where he moves on but for now I think they are still working with him.