Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Alford Bailey

Recruiting Momentum

.He would've the perfect big for this system being we don't run thru the post.All we need is a rim protector with the ability to rebound and block shots..He would have changed this team.Watch one of UNLV's games.
Hanner has the physical ability but not the natural instincts.

For me it's hard to envision him cause I don't think Crean knows what he will do defensively half of the time. This year just feels like more of a throw it at the wall and if it works then great. I know he would be an upgrade though...

Theo Pinson - similar to TW and now injured
Trey Lyles - great player, but sounds like his looney dad killed it for us
Isaiah Whitehead - great player, sucks he decided to stay home
Devin Robinson - could be a really good 2-3 year player, not really ready to contribute as much this year
Dwayne Morgan - no idea what he's been up to, but his stats show a player with little contribution and lots of turnovers
Goodluck Okonoboh - this is the one I was most bummed about. Seemed like we had him in the bag. Could be an elite rim protector
Leron Black - solid player. Another Hartman/DD sized player. He didn't seem to be much of a post presence when we played them
Dion Wiley - another guard that didn't fill a need
Jakeenan Gant - never decommited from Mizzou. This isn't really a miss. Also, he was arrested over the summer for assault.
Ahmed Hill - another guard. Didn't fill a need.
Chinanu Onauku - looks like he could do real well at UofL.
Phil Booth - 6'2" guard. No need
Marvin Clark - Izzo will make him a solid player in a few years
Tum Tum Nairn - tiny guard. real fast. No need
Donovan Mitchell - electric player, but we still have no need for more guards
Jalen Coleman - would have been an awesome predecessor to yogi. Not sure he wanted to sit on the bench his first year waiting for yogi to leave.
Malachi Richardson - lost out to Cuse
Jaquan Lyle - red flags everywhere. Don't care about what people on our team have done, we don't need to feed the fire
Ray Spalding - missed. Probably will do well under Pitino
Daniel Giddens - missed. Went to Thad's Center for Centers
Jimmy Whitt - decent point guard. Not sure if he's the one to take over for yogi. I'd rather see RoJo over a new kid
Matt McQuaid - Midsize shooter. We've got enough
Bryant Crawford - no idea what happened there. We lost him with Kenny and Kenny lost him when he left us
Shake Milton - interested to see how the SMU investigation plays out. Sounds like his personal life required him to be close to home
Kenny Williams - an athletic guard that we don't need (went VCU, thanks for the edit Noah)
Eron Harris - very good player. But still a guard. Probably good enough to take regardless, but there is much more space for him at MSU
Trevor Thompson - no idea what to think of this kid. We'll see
Anthony Lee - what a great miss by us. Not impressed by his play

we need a point guard, there is a big need. You don't wait to replace a point guard once the only one you have is gone, you do it a year or two early. And no, Robert Johnson is not a point guard. Yogi is either gone after this season or after next and we have no replacement for him. Have plenty of wings though

Crean has faults. I 100% agree on that. He has a lot of them. It's just that all of these posts find a way to come back to him. There's no purpose to them other than to come back to Crean. It's just completely unnecessary in most of your posts. In these threads, ok fine. But like throwing in a potshot in the general college bball thread when not even discussing us? Uncalled for.

in my defense, I didn't want to search for the VJ3 thread. So apologies from me on where I placed it. I didn't think it deserved it's own thread but I was shocked to read it, and wanted to share. In fairness, I stated it may not be Crean related as much as his general experience/play while at IU.

What is your thoughts on why we havent landed one of these Bigs with the position wide open here and a track record of Bigs in the lottery?

Well it doesn't help that Crean doesn't utilize his bigs. That's a definite fault. My overall point isn't that Crean doesn't have issues. I'm not an apologist or whatever anyone wants to call it. It's the constant potshots at him in every post. It adds nothing to the site that I have come to love. Negativity is totally fine with me and it's great to have opposing viewpoints. It makes these sites amazing to participate in. Back to your question again, we have been late to the party with recruits after losing Fischer and Vonleh last minute. And last minute in recruiting is about a year in advance. Add in that bigs aren't a huge part in our offense, and I think those 2 things are our major faults in recruiting bigs.

I am not Hova but typically recruiting is at least a 2 year relationship (typically longer). Crean missed on GO which isn't surprising due to his friendship with Noah. Bryant would be a huge blow at this point. Losing Fischer hurt bad. I put that on the culture which is on Crean. The relationship thing hurt when Kenny left.

Interesting. You think NV had something to do with the miss on GO?

For me it's hard to envision him cause I don't think Crean knows what he will do defensively half of the time. This year just feels like more of a throw it at the wall and if it works then great. I know he would be an upgrade though...

Your probably right.Defense doesn't seem to be a priority. Go Faster .Shoot More.

Let me say this sure crean does have his faults but he isn't the one missing the lay up or 5 foot wide open jumper. These are 17-19 year olds give them and crean a break. You ever think all this negative talk 7s what doesn't bring in the so called 5 star.

we need a point guard, there is a big need. You don't wait to replace a point guard once the only one you have is gone, you do it a year or two early. And no, Robert Johnson is not a point guard. Yogi is either gone after this season or after next and we have no replacement for him. Have plenty of wings though

So many excuses for why he missed on guys. Fact is we don't have a guy over 6'8" that can produce at a level above the hyper. This is on crean, the future looks absolutely horrible for the squad unless you want a middle of the pack B10 team

So by me saying you hate Crean I was attacking? You don't hate Crean or post your feelings at every thought you have on the man? Damn some of you guys need to grow a pair if you are going to post something you are aiming to get a response on and actually do. Yes that is me attacking your fortitude. You are lacking if you can't objectively look at what I said and respond. I will gladly let you respond to this without any concerns of backlash. Grow a pair with some facts for God sake. Do you really feel every player Wayne listed is a miss? Do you really feel that isn't the norm for all coaches? Please enlighten me with facts. Not hatred toward the man. His coaching sucks half of the time. Yes it does. Our defensive preparation sucks this year. We have outplayed expectations by adjusting the talent we currently have. There was an objective response. Do you have the ability to do the same? I have been a mod for years and I can honestly say I highly doubt it...

The hate of Crean showing up in multiple threads including recruiting threads is going to continue until the site staff from 41 on down acknowledges a standard & reinforces it.  To Wayne's credit I saw recently were he was trying to eliminate the negative & off topic conversations from the recruiting threads.  I understand the need let off steam about a coach,  in my opinion boy Mdn & CC general are great examples of doing so with class.  I believe I have an understanding that CC stands pretty close to 130 degrees opposite of where I stand, but I respect the guy a ton for the class that he shows & how he serves the people on this site with all the information he brings.   CC,  I apologize in advance if I have you pegged wrong in how you feel regarding Coach.

The hate of Crean showing up in multiple threads including recruiting threads is going to continue until the site staff from 41 on down acknowledges a standard & reinforces it. To Wayne's credit I saw recently were he was trying to eliminate the negative & off topic conversations from the recruiting threads. I understand the need let off steam about a coach, in my opinion boy Mdn & CC general are great examples of doing so with class. I believe I have an understanding that CC stands pretty close to 130 degrees opposite of where I stand, but I respect the guy a ton for the class that he shows & how he serves the people on this site with all the information he brings. CC, I apologize in advance if I have you pegged wrong in how you feel regarding Coach.

appreciate the acknowledgement. I try to be fair and just. If you haven't noticed, I also lay off the kids whom many attack. I also try to wait for recurring themes to develop before posting. I am not "reactionary" as others have posited.

appreciate the acknowledgement. I try to be fair and just. If you haven't noticed, I also lay off the kids whom many attack. I also try to wait for recurring themes to develop before posting. I am not "reactionary" as others have posited.

If everybody agreed this place would be really quiet.

If everybody agreed this place would be really quiet.

right, I'm not hard-set on my opinions. I am constantly taking in information and reevaluating my stances. It's definitely been a roller coaster ride for these 7 years. Lots of ups and downs. We've got to iron that out.