Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CampHoosier

IU-Rutgers Post Game Thread/Yogi Appreciation Thread

Agreed, yogi is the definition of amazeballs. Otherwise, I don't feel good about the play whatsoever. I don't think it has anything to do with Perea being out. We make every team we play out to be the Curry and Thompson show. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Glad to see Z come and save the day again with dagger 3's and frrebies.

Troy played mostly awesome off the bench but he is jekyll n Hyde inside of games too

Johnson won't go away. So steady for a freshman.

Tied for 2nd still lol.. afraid not for long.

Blackmon - yea buddy.. ur a good one!

Looked like there was a lid on the basket at times, glad the boys kept fighting. This win may help to get us back in a groove. Winning a game when shots aren't falling will have to boost confidence going forward.

This cannot be stressed enough. I don't think last year's team would have pulled this one out.

Agreed, yogi is the definition of amazeballs. Otherwise, I don't feel good about the play whatsoever. I don't think it has anything to do with Perea being out. We make every team we play out to be the Curry and Thompson show. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Glad to see Z come and save the day again with dagger 3's and frrebies.

Troy played mostly awesome off the bench but he is jekyll n Hyde inside of games too

Johnson won't go away. So steady for a freshman.

Tied for 2nd still lol.. afraid not for long.

Blackmon - yea buddy.. ur a good one!

I definitely mirror your skepticism about this team but they have played better than expected. I thought they would have more fire coming in to this one. Maybe winning a close one will ignite a little fire. 

Stan Robinson responds to his first start if the season very well.

4 pts, 5 rebs, 2 assists, and zero turnovers

It's good they don't count drives to the basket in to two players and throwing up bricks as turnovers or Stan would lead the Big Ten. Stan is awful and the fact that his best contribution is just not screwing up too bad is pathetic. 

Stan Robinson responds to his first start if the season very well.

4 pts, 5 rebs, 2 assists, and zero turnovers

Still feel like we are giving something up when he and Troy are on the court at the same time. A small team can not afford to have two guys that aren't a jumping shooting threat on the court at the same time. Let's defenses pack it on us. Hard to score when you can't drive and kick to a shooter.

I was a fly on the wall for Creans post game speech.

"Helluva win fellas! We just beat a top 25 caliber team with 2 bonafide NBAers!"

Haha. JK again but would anyone be surprised? Wow, we have the lowest standards. Smh!

I'm usually on the "shut up Crean" band wagon but I don't think he will be celebrating this win. Rutgers is a better team than most of us think. Mack and Eytu are solid. 

I was a fly on the wall for Creans post game speech.

"Helluva win fellas! We just beat a top 25 caliber team with 2 bonafide NBAers!"

Haha. JK again but would anyone be surprised? Wow, we have the lowest standards. Smh!

Don't know if I agree with your level of standards. Remember these guys are fairly young. You have to encourage without inflating egos, you can't beat them down or they won't develop as players, or as a team.

Tough shooting in the first half, but picked up in the second.  If Mack hadn't gone all 3 point crazy to begin the 2nd half for Rutgers, this may not have been as close as it was.  At on point Rutgers was 7-10 from three, but ended up 7-16.  Perhaps some defensive adjustements? 

No one can surely complain about substitutions - it was basically an eight man rotation as Max only logged about three minutes.  Yogi, JBJ and Troy all played over 30 minutes,  Need to see that the rest of the way for those three. Also, pretty griity performances from RoJo with bum knee, and Stan - no turnovers and five boards,  I think Stan now gets his role is as a defender and rebounder, and not so much on the offensive end.  Good, not great contributions from all 

Didn't this Rutgers team beat Wisconsin?  Going to be a tougher game on the road against the Scarlet Knights.   

A win is a win. The team looked rattled the last game...i hope that this game helps them get their confidence back and get the offense moving again.

Defense still needs to be better and they need to cut down on the turnovers.

As for next game...I see a repeat of the last two road games...and maybe Crean will then go directly from that game to recruiting a big man...although I doubt that he has learned that lesson yet. You might have been able to get away without having a big man in the Micky Mouse league that he came from, but not this one.

I definitely mirror your skepticism about this team but they have played better than expected. I thought they would have more fire coming in to this one. Maybe winning a close one will ignite a little fire.

I was calling for 22 wins on the season so that is looking doable. I guess from my couch it looks like they are hitting my personal expectations but dang they leave a lot on the table it seems.so much potential on this roster and as a collective so I think that's why I get so pissed when they play like dung. But then again, I feel like that is just a Crean led team.