Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CampHoosier

Crean Against the World

[quote name="hper50" post="130784" timestamp="1422549129"]Good take, Camp. My question-- why is he in Jefferson City watching Anunoby and Morgan the night before the biggest game of the year?[/quote

I have to admit, I wondered the same thing.

Biggest game of the year. Have we sunk so low that Purdue is the biggest game of the year

I can relate to that yes it is for a lot of fans.  Its very similar to the Bears up here in my area losing to the arch rival Packers!

Heads roll when that happens.

I can relate to that yes it is for a lot of fans.  Its very similar to the Bears up here in my area losing to the arch rival Packers!
Heads roll when that happens.

Purdue shouldn't be our championship game. People talk about others lowering their expectations, then turn around and say Purdue is our biggest game. Really

Good take, Camp.  My question-- why is he in Jefferson City watching Anunoby and Morgan the night before the biggest game of the year?

Because that is part of coaching and recruiting... When you get a chance to see your only 2 current recruits for the next season play at the same time you make every effort to ensure that happens. If he didn't go watch then everybody would be blowing about how he can't recruit and doesn't make guys a priority (especially if something where to happen and we miss on a recruit or have a decommit somewhere)....

And please don't believe that this was our biggest game of the year!!! Not even close (well I hope not anyway).

For the team, for Crean, & for IU Purdue is a rivalry but it shouldn't be looked at anywhere near the biggest game of the year this year. We are their biggest game because even if they don't make the tourney they can spew on that they beat us.... If we miss the tourney and beat them would any IU fan take solice in that? I sure hope not... I sure as he11 wouldn't...

Who should you beat to be successcul, if not your biggest in conference rival? That, in itself, proclaims it a big game. I have to think even if you win the B1G, a loss to PU will leave a taste of unfulfillment to the season.

I don't know, who?

We lost to them by 10 in '87.

I ended up rather fulfilled and developed a new team in Syracuse to hate.

Do you guys wanna know how good a job Crean is doing? Kentucky and every Big Ten fan besides IU fans want him here for a lifetime. Everyone knows that we will never win a Championship or make it to the Final Four with Tom Crean as a head coach. The guy is way in over his head.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if we gave his history to a coach at a rival school and every one of us would be fine if they kept him.  That is as big an indictment of his coaching ability as anything is.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if we gave his history to a coach at a rival school and every one of us would be fine if they kept him.  That is as big an indictment of his coaching ability as anything is.

Kinda like Allanoy when they had Weber.

There are posters that want to completely ignore the first half of his tenure here, although I still can't justify giving a pass for year 3, so my question is when do you say enough is enough?  When do you say he has to put up or shut up, no more excuses?

IMO we should've already been to that point, and it's why I've said he has to go to the Elite 8 at absolute minimum to get any faith back from me.  To me we're past the point of excuse making, it's his program and he has to own it, it's time for him to actually do something and show the only time he's gotten past the Sweet 16 wasn't a fluke.

EDIT:  This is two seasons in a row with a horridly constructed roster, last season there were no shooters and this season the offense is overly reliant on low percentage shots.  He built these poorly constructed teams.  You can say Luke transferred and Hanner is hurt, but while those are reasons they are also excuses.  He's not the only that has to deal with defections and injuries and it's his job to win regardless.

There are posters that want to completely ignore the first half of his tenure here, although I still can't justify giving a pass for year 3, so my question is when do you say enough is enough?  When do you say he has to put up or shut up, no more excuses?

IMO we should've already been to that point, and it's why I've said he has to go to the Elite 8 at absolute minimum to get any faith back from me.  To me we're past the point of excuse making, it's his program and he has to own it, it's time for him to actually do something and show the only time he's gotten past the Sweet 16 wasn't a fluke.

EDIT:  This is two seasons in a row with a horridly constructed roster, last season there were no shooters and this season the offense is overly reliant on low percentage shots.  He built these poorly constructed teams.  You can say Luke transferred and Hanner is hurt, but while those are reasons they are also excuses.  He's not the only that has to deal with defections and injuries and it's his job to win regardless.

Wait a minute, I thought this was Sampsons fault....

Ok what happened during the post game show with Fish?

He let Don know he was on the headset and had been waiting 3 minutes already then to Eric S. by name and challenged a couple comments he heard while waiting.  One of those challenges was that Yogi was about the only Hoosier who brought it tonigh, etc.

He let Don know he was on the headset and had been waiting 3 minutes already then to Eric S. by name and challenged a couple comments he heard while waiting. One of those challenges was that Yogi was about the only Hoosier who brought it tonigh, etc.

I still firmly believe that he's paid over $3m per year to prepare this team and to take the heat when they lay an egg. You're a big boy, Tom. You cash the check every payday, deal with the stuff.

And while Purdue may not be the biggest game on the schedule every year, in terms of 'big games', it clearly is and will always be a must win. You can get yourself fired for not beating then regularly.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

I still firmly believe that he's paid over $3m per year to prepare this team and to take the heat when they lay an egg. You're a big boy, Tom. You cash the check every payday, deal with the stuff.

And while Purdue may not be the biggest game on the schedule every year, in terms of 'big games', it clearly is and will always be a must win. You can get yourself fired for not beating then regularly.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

I don't really agree with this.  Didn't RMK have a losing record to comb over?  If an IU coach is consistently finishing near the top of the B1G, consistently getting to the Sweet 16, and making a run in the tourney every few years but losing to pu I don't see that coach being fired.