Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Townie

Kenpom Stats

I am a huge fan of Kenpom's ratings.  I think they are extremely accurate indicators of where a team is, especially around this time of the year.

Here's how IU stacks up and there really isn't anything I have an issue with.

As expected, a really potent offense and piss poor D.

Edit: Meh, the formatting sucked, and it won't let me an image from imgur...

wSYGDGY.jpg

Rank Team Conf W-L Pyth AdjO AdjD AdjT Luck Pyth OppO OppD Pyth
41 North Carolina St. ACC 13-8 .8231 111.7 31 97.7 104 65.6 152 -.064 300 .6481 24 105.4 8 99.9 82 .4862 208
42 Indiana B10 15-5 .8225 117.7 7 103.0 208 67.8 55 +.051 84 .5520 109 102.9 92 101.0 155 .3698 319

A little better. ;) Not great...but better than nada!

Good info for sure...thanks for snagging it!

It's unbelievable how terrible our defense is. I mean, we can't even keep it in the top 200? Every game this slips further and further down. Freaking guard somebody!

On the flip side.. dat offense tho!!

Dat offense couldnt save us yesterday, though. Our D is pretty terrible. :(

honestly, this is just my gut feeling and I have no data to back it up but my biggest fear is that our D is technically WORSE on the road, if we assume we play "better" or at least more energized D with the homecourt advantage.

That would suggest our D is even worse than "208th" at times on the road... xD holy fuck.

If we have just an average D we beat EWU, Gtown, OSU and are talking about a top 10-15 ranked team. Come on guys step it up.

That's what just blows my mind. How can a bunch of 4 stars, burger boys and nba draft projects not even hold a 125-150 defensive ranking. Something is seriously broken.

I think we are so offensively efficient that it is literally the game plan to not spend a lot of juice on defense and use it on offense to out run people. I hear coach talk about defense and principles and defense creates offense all the time but how are we getting worse as the conference wears on??

This team should work on nothing but defense 90% of the practices as a team for the next 3 weeks. The offense will survive.

At Nebraska decent
At Msu - defensive no show
Penn State - meh defensive no show
At illinois - some defense
OSU - some defense
Maryland - little defense
At OSU - nope

That's just from my coaching recliner