Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

The Ola Depot

Indiana vs. Purdue Pre-game

as far as strategy goes.  we need to do what we do and hope Purdue is forced to match us.  We will likely know by 10 minutes in which strategy is working best.  If we are getting hurt inside, Crean will have to go bigger to match. 

Otherwise, we will try to limit touches to the big guys by fronting them.  Hartman has been surprisingly good at limiting big man touches.  Now, when they get it though, that's another story. 

Rebounding and defense will be huge.  3 point shooting is our chance.  Hopefully we have a speed advantage too. 

Guards need to double down and harass as soon as the big catches before they have a chance to go up.Could cause foul trouble but Max and Nick ought to be able to frustrate at least.Our weak side was nonexistent at OSU and if we don't do better at Mackey it'll look the same.

One of my friends from purdue just said we're going to lose because we'll be in "God's country"

So that's something.

Hey you misspelled toilet. I know diehard Illinois fans that even call Bloomington God's country.

I don't see them being able to defend the perimeter. I bet they have to go small against us or get burnnnnned all night on the drive and dish.

This is what I'm hoping for. I like the idea that other teams have to make adjustments against us now than the other way around.

This game is going to be really interesting from a styles perspective. 

I think if we do what we do well we will stomp them.

That said, which Troy is going to show up? The last game Troy? Or big time Troy?

I think he is crucial in today's game especially, the X- factor. 

Purdue isn't going to be able to guard us on the perimeter, but if shots aren't falling we are going to need cuts and MOVING on offense, which we didn't see @ OSU. If we play our game and kick out for 3s and they fall, I feel really good. If the shots aren't going down, we are in trouble and need to find Troy running the baseline. 

Defense is scary.

We don't have to necessarily win the rebounding battle, but we need to keep it close and have turnovers in check. 

Matchups will be interesting tonight!

GO HOOSIERS

The Indiana–Purdue rivalry is an athletic rivalry between the Indiana University Hoosiers and Purdue University Boilermakers, the two flagship universities in the state of Indiana. It is regarded as one of the most intense collegiate rivalries in the United States, and one of the strongest and most followed collegiate rivalries in the Big Ten Conference. Among all of college sports rivalries, Newsweek listed it among the top 12 and Huffington Post listed it as the fifth best rivalry overall.[1][2]

The intensity of the rivalry is augmented by the deep passion within Indiana for basketball (see Hoosier Hysteria). Both universities have very large student bodies; Purdue is an engineering research university located in the northern portion of the state while Indiana University is a liberal arts research university located in the southern portion of the state. The academic and geographic divergence of the two institutions polarizes the state of Indiana into two large fan bases.

Both universities have been members of the Big Ten Conference for over 100 years, ensuring yearly competition across all sports and adding conference standing implications to the rivalry.

Basketball Rivalry   Indiana Purdue Series Wins 84 110 Big Ten
Championships 20 22 Big Ten
Tournament Championships 0 1 National
Championships 5 1*     NCAA Tournament
Championships 5 0     NCAA Tournament
Appearances 35 24 Consensus All-American
Selections 15 16 National POY 2 2