Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana @ O$U Game Thread

Yogi is awesome when he lets the game come to him. Not so much when he tries to force it - like today. I saw a lot of dribbling for dribbling's sake again today.

Blackmon has tons of talent, but it looked to me like he took today off.

Only shooting 8 FTs is indicative of lack of driving. Definitely need to get to the line more than 8 times in a game. And, as has been noted, turnovers killed us today. 

Also surprised to see that IU won the battle on the boards. It sure didn’t look like that from watching the game.

I saw that RoJo was back in the game after doing whatever he did to his knee. Any word on what happened or how serious it is?

Overall, a lackadaisical effort. Disappointed in the showing today, but not (yet) despondent. Let’s go kick some boiler butt and get this thing back on track.

Troy didn't have his best game either.  We need the good Troy to win on the road.  5 TOs and 2 rebounds is unacceptable from Troy.

Good points Hoosier.

I agree on Yogi but today a lot of the reason for the extra dribbling was not much was happening on offense. No one was moving or getting open.

Yogi gets his and has very few assists, we lose.  Yogi gets his in the flow of the offense and distributes, we blowout MD at home.  Yogi doesn't get his but distributes, we get solid road wins at Neb and Ill.  See a pattern?  I think it's a combination of teammates lacking energy and focus to get open and Yogi feeling like he has to do it all.  Yogi is not the reason we lost today.

We looked half asleep to me or was it just Buckeye speed and aggressiveness?

I think the buck's length and speed on defense really bothered us today and was the reason for many of our turnovers.

They were closing out on shooters and speeding us up in general. Something Maryland never did.The lack of a post presence allowed them to concentrate on the perimeter and they took full advantage of it.

Allowing their guards into the gaps made it way to easy for mid range jumpers or dump offs to the weak side where there was no defense.Not a very good effort on D at all.

Yogi gets his and has very few assists, we lose.  Yogi gets his in the flow of the offense and distributes, we blowout MD at home.  Yogi doesn't get his but distributes, we get solid road wins at Neb and Ill.  See a pattern?  I think it's a combination of teammates lacking energy and focus to get open and Yogi feeling like he has to do it all.  Yogi is not the reason we lost today.

I agree---in the past he looked for his first----now I think he looks for his in the flow of the game or like today when we have nothing else going on.  I was actually glad to see him shoot today ----his and Hartman's long range bombing is about all we had going on.

Glad to see everyone is capable of respecting each other today. Reb, you should probably adjust your game, and mods could probably cut you some slack. We're all here for the same reason, and we're all in pissy moods after a loss.

Just remember, we can always be thankful that we don't cheer for the Purdouches and their merry band of swamp donkeys.

Really?

I always watch the game and then post my thoughts in rapid succession after it's over----didn't realize that was such a sin.  SAD.

I will go on record as supporting Rebel as one of the better posters on this board and if his style was an issue it should have been handled with just a tad more class......

I think the buck's length and speed on defense really bothered us today and was the reason for many of our turnovers.

They were closing out on shooters and speeding us up in general. Something Maryland never did.The lack of a post presence allowed them to concentrate on the perimeter and they took full advantage of it.

Allowing their guards into the gaps made it way to easy for mid range jumpers or dump offs to the weak side where there was no defense.Not a very good effort on D at all.

Woodson ---you make a good point---Bucky is one of the few teams in the Big that has the depth to put a quality small ball team on the floor to match ours. I don't think there are too many other teams in the big ten that can do that.  Matta has been talking about doing this in the media for the last several days.  Their bigs have been so ineffective this year they may stick with it for future opponents.  That will be interesting to watch.

I can see why Yogi feels that way when we have the lack of movement we had today.

I will go on record as supporting Rebel as one of the better posters on this board and if his style was an issue it should have been handled with just a tad more class......

Thank you. I am not trying to offend anyone---I've always been a binge poster------I only come on the board a few times each day and download all my thoughts and respond to other posts in one sitting---usually at midnight or after work--or after games.  I don't think a 1000 word post would be very efficient or generate appropriate discussion on the individual points of discussion.  I do try to make each post a separate thought---but I WILL TRY TO DO BETTER COMBINING THEM IN THE FUTURE!

How's that ?

See---I am trying to be a team player!  :biggrin:

What I will guarantee you is that you won't find a bigger IU fan anywhere--period!

And that's what I thought this site was supposed to be about.

Personally I can digest some random post breaks much easier than the run on paragraphs some of y'all make. Keep on reb.

What are we even talking about? IU's defense blows but what does not blow is our 6'6" flame thrower.. my goodness Hartman is torching out right now. In the game of "who saw that coming", who saw the team trying to get Hartman the ball when buckets are needed.. before the season lol