Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Indiana @ O$U Game Thread

I'm ok with losing this one because they had the better matchup. But I am not ok with starting the game hot and subbing out the hot players. Nothing was the same after that. No defense. Hopefully this is somewhat motivating to the team. Get well soon Rob, and Perea I now miss you more than ever. I'm signing out lol.

You put this in the Bryant thread and I moved it. 

Fair criticism of Stan. The guy has been way off all year and really seems to lack any focus. Not sure why he still gets minutes at this point.

Not saying there isn't truth to the criticism, but he's definitely the scape goat for poor team play. Troy and JBJ both had very bad days. Troy with 5 turnovers and JBJ with one and 8 misses.

I would throw down a challenge to Blackmon----we need him to step up---he has the talent and needs to start exerting it.

He was going earlier and Yogi was not----now Yogi is going and Blacmon is not.

We need to get our two McD AA's clicking together.

Back to the drawing board----and working on defense---defense----defense.

Just one of those games when we are not hot offensively and a lot of turnovers in the first half cost us. We are not a good defensive team, so that won't be able to bail us out when we do other things poorly. You have to give Ohio State credit. They got punched in the mouth early and played really well defensively out front. Plus they exploited our lack of post play, although Holt played well in the first half. There's a lot of positives to take away from this game but our terrible defense sure isn't one of them. The really bad 1st half turnovers were a head scratcher, and Ohio State really came after us. Reminded me of the Mich State game as the outcome wasn't in question. I think Holt needs to start with Troy, Hartman, Yogi and JB2. We need more post prescence. Purdue will look to play us the same.

I didn't know we had post-police!  :biggrin:

Thank you---but I will post the way I want to post.

Russell was really good today-----he is tough to guard on the perimeter. Having now seen them all---I have to say that Russell is the best right now between Blackmon, Trimble, and Russell. His all-around game is something.  His stat line today was incredible.

Just one of those games when we are not hot offensively and a lot of turnovers in the first half cost us. We are not a good defensive team, so that won't be able to bail us out when we do other things poorly. You have to give Ohio State credit. They got punched in the mouth early and played really well defensively out front. Plus they exploited our lack of post play, although Holt played well in the first half. There's a lot of positives to take away from this game but our terrible defense sure isn't one of them. The really bad 1st half turnovers were a head scratcher, and Ohio State really came after us. Reminded me of the Mich State game as the outcome wasn't in question. I think Holt needs to start with Troy, Hartman, Yogi and JB2. We need more post prescence. Purdue will look to play us the same.

I agree with all of this SC.

Purdue will be no picnic----but I think we match up better with them because I don't think they match up as well with us athletically or defensively as O$U does.

Agreed. OSU is one of the best teams in the B1G at forcing turnovers, 21.2%. Our guys buckled under the pressure.

I didn't know we had post-police! :biggrin:

Thank you---but I will post the way I want to post.

Russell was really good today-----he is tough to guard on the perimeter. Having now seen them all---I have to say that Russell is the best right now between Blackmon, Trimble, and Russell. His all-around game is something. His stat line today was incredible.

took ya long enough to figure it out. Lol. Tried telling ya. He's gone though! Easy lottery pick!

Yogi is awesome when he lets the game come to him. Not so much when he tries to force it - like today. I saw a lot of dribbling for dribbling's sake again today.

Blackmon has tons of talent, but it looked to me like he took today off.

Only shooting 8 FTs is indicative of lack of driving. Definitely need to get to the line more than 8 times in a game. And, as has been noted, turnovers killed us today. 

Also surprised to see that IU won the battle on the boards. It sure didn’t look like that from watching the game.

I saw that RoJo was back in the game after doing whatever he did to his knee. Any word on what happened or how serious it is?

Overall, a lackadaisical effort. Disappointed in the showing today, but not (yet) despondent. Let’s go kick some boiler butt and get this thing back on track.

Yogi is awesome when he lets the game come to him. Not so much when he tries to force it - like today. I saw a lot of dribbling for dribbling's sake again today.

Blackmon has tons of talent, but it looked to me like he took today off.

Only shooting 8 FTs is indicative of lack of driving. Definitely need to get to the line more than 8 times in a game. And, as has been noted, turnovers killed us today. 

Also surprised to see that IU won the battle on the boards. It sure didn’t look like that from watching the game.

I saw that RoJo was back in the game after doing whatever he did to his knee. Any word on what happened or how serious it is?

Overall, a lackadaisical effort. Disappointed in the showing today, but not (yet) despondent. Let’s go kick some boiler butt and get this thing back on track.

Good points Hoosier.

I agree on Yogi but today a lot of the reason for the extra dribbling was not much was happening on offense. No one was moving or getting open.