Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
MemphisHoosier

(2015) JUCO PF Cullen Russo

I won't be shocked if Troy sneaks in as a late 1st rounder. If I owned an NBA franchise Troy would get a look.

I think those with these thoughts have some IU blinders on. Troy is athletic as all get out but thats where it ends. He can't handle the ball, can't shoot efficiently, and isn't the best defender. There are tons of guys like that in the NBA plus a million more in D League and Europe trying to make it to the NBA. Troy should take a look at Vonleh, someone who was drafted based off potential. Vonleh has a nice comfy seat at the end of the bench on a crappy team in a weak division/conference. Im not saying Williams couldnt do it, I just don't think it would be smart. He needs a lot of improvement if he doesn't want to spend his life in the D league and in Europe

I think those with these thoughts have some IU blinders on. Troy is athletic as all get out but thats where it ends. He can't handle the ball, can't shoot efficiently, and isn't the best defender. There are tons of guys like that in the NBA plus a million more in D League and Europe trying to make it to the NBA. Troy should take a look at Vonleh, someone who was drafted based off potential. Vonleh has a nice comfy seat at the end of the bench on a crappy team in a weak division/conference. Im not saying Williams couldnt do it, I just don't think it would be smart. He needs a lot of improvement if he doesn't want to spend his life in the D league and in Europe

i agree he isn't ready yet but he's going to get there, it seems. The NBA seems willing to gamble on potential and Troy would be a legit gamble. "He can't handle the ball" ??? Are you serious? Last year I'd agree with that, but this year he has been more than impressive handling the ball. Crossovers, between the legs, bringing ball up court, half court drives, etc.

Anyway, he would be an NBA project like Vonleh but I could see a team giving him 3 years to develop based on his potential.

Those aren't "blinders".

He may also look at Noah and say I'd like 10 million dollars to practice. Not saying he should be lets not forget the lure of that type of money.

i agree he isn't ready yet but he's going to get there, it seems. The NBA seems willing to gamble on potential and Troy would be a legit gamble. "He can't handle the ball" ??? Are you serious? Last year I'd agree with that, but this year he has been more than impressive handling the ball. Crossovers, between the legs, bringing ball up court, half court drives, etc.

Anyway, he would be an NBA project like Vonleh but I could see a team giving him 3 years to develop based on his potential.

Those aren't "blinders".

His ball handling has gotten better, maybe I should've said his decision making when he has the ball in his hands. He always seem s to turn the ball over at the worst possible time.

Somewhat agree but his decision making seems to be improving.

Definitely has been. I actually kind of like the idea of him bringing the ball up every now and then. I think it could work in a year or so when has better decision making. I think it works well, then he tries to do too much and it falls apart