Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
MemphisHoosier

(2015) JUCO PF Cullen Russo

Alex Bozich retweeted

Indiana is the latest school to show interest in Cullen Russo (6'9/F/2015) of New Mexico JC.

New name on the radar, interesting offers coming out of prep school (Miami, Western Kentucky, Drake, and St. Bonnie) and current interest from Minnesota and Texas Tech

http://247sports.com/Player/Cullen-Russo-27167?Institution=24726

I have no idea how the JUCO route works. So.....when would he be able to play? What does that do for scholarship numbers? He doesn't look that impressive, what's the draw?

When a player graduates from a JUCO, they have two years of eligibility left. They could also leave a JUCO after their freshman year and have three years.

Last year stats

Cullen Russo | #2 | Forward | College of Southern Idaho

GP PTS/G FG % 3PT % FT % REB/G A/G
28 8.5 48.9 20.0 64.7 4.3 1.5

Same JUCO that Ray Kasongo went to this year. This Link has some streams for his games and there is usually an archived replay. He plays tonight @ 940ET.

New Mexico JC website

He looks like he would fit well in what CTC likes to do. He pretty easily overmatched anyone he matched up against in the vid but the quality of opposition didn't look to strong.

I'd rather take a chance on a kid like this than a project out of high school. If you miss on a Juco you only have to live with your whiff for two years as compared to four.

Don't know about everyone else but I keep seeing these draft prognostications and TW is moving up into the thirties. I'm not sure how high he would have to go before he left this year.

He looks like he would fit well in what CTC likes to do. He pretty easily overmatched anyone he matched up against in the vid but the quality of opposition didn't look to strong.

Also important to realize that the video posted here was from when he was in high school two years ago. If you compare his weight in high school to now, he has gained weight to play in the post and judging by pictures he has mostly bulked up. 

You also have to take into consideration that NBAdraft.net is the least respectable out of the mock drafts. Theirs are usually WAY off from actual outcomes of drafts.

I'm not sure where you got your information or if you've actually done research to form your opinion on this...but it appears this guy wasted two weeks of his life and actually measured the accuracy of all the reputable mock drafts out there for the 2013 draft. His research shows a much different result than yours does.
"Aran Smith from nbadraft.net appears 3 times in the Top10 and each mock was created around week apart so you could argue he had a great sense of talent pool which will be selected"
https://weaksideawareness.wordpress.com/2013/07/02/grading-nba-mock-drafts-2013-from-best-to-worst/

I'm not sure where you got your information or if you've actually done research to form your opinion on this...but it appears this guy wasted two weeks of his life and actually measured the accuracy of all the reputable mock drafts out there for the 2013 draft. His research shows a much different result than yours does.
"Aran Smith from nbadraft.net appears 3 times in the Top10 and each mock was created around week apart so you could argue he had a great sense of talent pool which will be selected"
https://weaksideawareness.wordpress.com/2013/07/02/grading-nba-mock-drafts-2013-from-best-to-worst/

Its only my personal opinion. Ive followed the draft for years and nbadraft.net usually does have super up to date mocks but their mock drafts don't seem to be very accurate in my opinion. Maybe last years was for 2013 but Ive been following nbadraft.net since 2000 or so.
Im not arguing that Troy isn't worthy of a high draft pick, but when all other mock drafts had him about about 20 picks lower it gets a little interesting.
Again its only my personal opinion (we are on a message board filled with them). In my experience nbadraft.net hasn't been the most reliable when it is this early in the year.