Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Rookie33

HMP likely out 2-4 weeks with a knee injury

I would much rather have April pick these minutes up than Burton. Nothing like in game development. Holt will get 25 mins a game now and April getting some spot time in B1G games will be huge for his mental and physical development. The kid has some skill for his size. If he can just rebound the ball, alter shots at the rim, and take up space in the middle, we really wouldn't be missing anything. We haven't been able to rely on big man play this year as it is.

Note: Emmit is 2nd on the team in blocked shots (1.1/per) and was only getting 12 minutes a game. He's more than capable of providing the defense, with extended minutes, that Hanner was giving us.

I'm not trying to downplay Hanner's importance. I'm just trying to point out that this isn't going to cripple us.

Get well soon Hanner!!

I have had a player have this injury.  The problem they had was a complete fear of it occurring again, and loss of confidence.  It also seems to be that the knee cap has a tendency to be more likely to "slide" out easier after it happens once.  My son has this issue and his knee cap can slide out even if he just turns too quickly.  There are braces for this situation that help, but like I said, the fear of it re- occurring  ,  perhaps,   will be the biggest issue when he returns. 

Well Holts playing time has now increased. Its the time he is not on the floor that puts us in jeopardy. I was one who was promoting incresed minutes, but, would prefer HMP to be available. Get healthy Hanner.

Be careful for what we wish for!

If April could just come in and grab a couple rebounds and tally like 5 minutes and stand in front of the rim with his arms up, I'd say he could play. Question is, can he do that against big ten competition? Probably not.

HMP has picked up his second foul within the first one minute, 45 seconds of each of the last two games.

Think of the next four games as just like that, only a little bit earlier ;)

Speedy recovery to Hanner; we will welcome back the big fella with much joy!

Yea,  I mean he is sitting on the bench but we don't have two fouls counting against us....

Had a teammate in high school who had this happen twice in one season. He came back in about 2 weeks both times. Hopefully with the excellent docs and trainers we have Hanner can do the same

I wish they would just play April. Hes not gonna hurt us that bad. He can alter shots at the worst with his length.

Or he goes out there just fouls 5 times and contributes nothing towards actually winning. Hanner has had some truly awful performances, yet April can't even sniff the court, shouldn't that say something

Well Holts playing time has now increased. Its the time he is not on the floor that puts us in jeopardy. I was one who was promoting incresed minutes, but, would prefer HMP to be available. Get healthy Hanner.

Be careful for what we wish for!

We asked for it......we got it.....Toyota!

Or he goes out there just fouls 5 times and contributes nothing towards actually winning. Hanner has had some truly awful performances, yet April can't even sniff the court, shouldn't that say something

I'd be alright with him fouling 5 times......if he didnt give up the and 1 on said fouls.