Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Rookie33

Coach Jackson to Kansas

I think it is more perception that is the problem. He was well liked and well respected and was the strength and conditioning coach for a blue blood program in the best basketball conference in America and he left... That just doesn't look good. Similar can be said for Cheaney. IU should be a destination, aspirational place, not a stepping stone and in some cases it has been viewed that way. That has to stop

If you are AD Fred Glass, what would you do to solve this problem?

Countless walk-ons who "love" Indiana

Kenny Johnson

Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach

Je'Ney

Calbert

Video Coordinators

Etc....

All in a very short window!  YES!  I meant "guys fleeing like crazy"

The assistant Strength and Conditioning was Seth Cooper. I think he left to train Vic for a short time, now works for the Maine Red Claws

There are some reports Jackson will work with more sports than football. Hearing that is incorrect #kufball

Everything has to be made out as such a negative big deal to the naysayers. Je'Ney comes to IU with a background in football and leaves IU to do the same. Thanks Je'Ney for the impact you've had on the young men at IU. Love your intensity and passion. The best to you & yours!

Does Glass do exit interviews with any of these guys? I'd love to know that.

If he's worth his salt he does. The company I work for always does this to make sure that they aren't losing valuable pieces due to something we may have done or not done to keep them. Most of the time a better offer came up and there wasn't any hard feelings. The other times, we were able to fix the issue and keep the person on board.

Timing is perception and how do you really explain an important part of the team leaving mid season? In most circles you woukd get a black mark for bailing, but obviously Crean is alright with it by his glowing quotes of Jackson leaving for his dream job. BS. If your the head coach of an employee leaving mid season your pissed cause something is terribly wrong. Esp leaving for that powerhouse of Kansas football where your shelf life is shorter than a one term President. Calbert leaving, Johnson bolting to Louisville, and now Jackson are obvious signs the programs in decline outside the obvious not making any tournament last year. Their bailing while they still have achance or their names will be attached to Crean and his underperforming.

Timing is perception and how do you really explain an important part of the team leaving mid season? In most circles you woukd get a black mark for bailing, but obviously Crean is alright with it by his glowing quotes of Jackson leaving for his dream job. BS. If your the head coach of an employee leaving mid season your pissed cause something is terribly wrong. Esp leaving for that powerhouse of Kansas football where your shelf life is shorter than a one term President. Calbert leaving, Johnson bolting to Louisville, and now Jackson are obvious signs the programs in decline outside the obvious not making any tournament last year. Their bailing while they still have achance or their names will be attached to Crean and his underperforming.

The problem here though is that this is mid year for basketball but with JJ leaving for football this is their offseason.

The problem here though is that this is mid year for basketball but with JJ leaving for football this is their offseason.

I don't fault Jackson or Kansas because of what you stated. But it goes to show how much respect he has for Crean by leaving even before the Big season. This isn't like a coach leaving before a bowl game; its like an employee saying screw you to a two weeks notice. If Kansas really wanted him which I'm sure they did and Jackson said "look, we're going into conference play can you manage without me til March". Chances are rather high it all gets worked out so all parties don't get hurt. Well, who gets hurt with him leaving now? Its not him or Kansas but Indiana basketball.

It's called diplomacy. Politics. Sour grapes if he went complaining and whining.

Jesus H Christ some of you guys are paranoid beyond belief...

And some of us will bury our heads in the sand seeing IU greats like Calbert Chaney leave the program for St. Louis or top recruiters leave us for Louisville or better yet our strength coach leave mid year, instead of realizing things are horribly wrong with Indiana basketball. That's before the multiple failed drug tests, alchohol arrests culminating in a dui and a player seriously injured to go along with severe under performing on the court not even being good enough to make the NIt. Proof is in the product and I certainly woukdnt label it paranoid. When you don't focus on the obvious a better word for you would be denial.