Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Rookie33

Coach Jackson to Kansas

ITH just tweeted that IU has posted a job for IUBB's strength and conditioning coach.  Is Coach Jackson on the move??? Say it isn't so!!!

EDIT:

Mike Pegram‏@peegs
Source told me this morning Je'Ney Jackson headed back to Kansas where he'll work in both sports for KU
7:27 AM - 30 Dec 2014
Edited by ccgeneral

If I remember correctly, Je'Ney had played a major role in Juwan's decision to come to IU.  

I hope he isn't leaving. and if it's for Louisville..... heads will roll. 

One thing I've heard from an actual insider, is that Crean is a complete control freak to work for. We've seen some guys bail out on him. I hope that isn't the case here. And im being serious. I've heard Crean even controls what songs the Band can play during a game.

One thing I've heard from an actual insider, is that Crean is a complete control freak to work for. We've seen some guys bail out on him. I hope that isn't the case here. And im being serious. I've heard Crean even controls what songs the Band can play during a game.

What coach isn't a control freak? We have heard how demanding Crean is to play for and work for. Nothing really new.

I'd rather hear that than hearing that Crean is totally lax about everything, coaches/players select when they come in to workout and he has no structure within the program.  

As far as the position it could mean Jackson is moving on.  Remember that he came from a football background and he may have gotten an opportunity to take over with a football program.  This is all speculation but I am also sure that if the goal is to work in strength and conditioning football is the ultimate goal.

I am sure we will find another great coach for this position.

Like I said, thats just what I "heard." Doesn't make it 100% true.

Having family and friends who work in the department the consensus among them is that Crean is very demanding from all staff workers while being quite unorganized and unclear with his expectations. That can make for a tough work environment.

If JJ is leaving midseason, my hope is that it's to a big time FB program...which would make the timing make more sense. Leaving in the middle of the season for another BB program would be a punch in the gut.

Here's to hoping the job posted is a new position to go along with CJJ!

Dont want to see Jackson leave, but is it a big loss if he does? Ive heard all this hype about how great he is but honestly over the last few years and with the exception of Yogi I dont see our guys matching up physically or having the stamina as alot of top programs. We've been manhandled by the likes of Syracuse, Louisville, UK, Wisky ect. I agree a mid season change would be odd.

Dont want to see Jackson leave, but is it a big loss if he does? Ive heard all this hype about how great he is but honestly over the last few years and with the exception of Yogi I dont see our guys matching up physically or having the stamina as alot of top programs. We've been manhandled by the likes of Syracuse, Louisville, UK, Wisky ect. I agree a mid season change would be odd.

What? This is just simply false.

Ask Cody, C-Wat and all the other players what they thought of Je'Ney. The guy is a great one. On top of that, he has been an important piece of the puzzle in the off season as he has had and still does (unless the rule changed) more access and contact with the players than the other coaches.

Ask Cody, C-Wat and all the other players what they thought of Je'Ney. The guy is a great one. On top of that, he has been an important piece of the puzzle in the off season as he has had and still does (unless the rule changed) more access and contact with the players than the other coaches.

Well yea, what would you expect them to say? Heard the same when big Kenny left. These guys can be replaced and the new guy will be an important piece in the off season as well.