Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
IU Hoosier41

Gregg Doyel Talks with Joani Crean...

Doyel needs to go to work for the National Enquirer. I hope his act gets old quickly in Indy and he is asked to move on. Eventually he will make enemies with all the teams he covers and they will stop talking to him/

In prior articles, he claims to have a strong relationship with Crean. Playing devil's advocate, perhaps his familiarity with the family allows this kind of question?

In prior articles, he claims to have a strong relationship with Crean. Playing devil's advocate, perhaps his familiarity with the family allows this kind of question?

A week after he wrote that article, he then put Crean on blast and pretty much denounced him as a friend after the failed drug tests came out.

Doyle just sounds like a prick. Doesn't matter if you have a special connection with a family, target the man in question, not his wife and kids.

Outside of the big no no asking Joani about Brad Stevens, I thought the article was well written and mostly favorable to Tom. He probably asked her since he knew after his article blasting Crean for the player issues he had nothing to lose. Other than the obvious problems bringing Tom's family into it which he could have left out altogether, I think he's correct in saying we have the talent now and we better win now. I wouldn't be looking for an Indiana basketball Christmas card if I were him, which will make his job hard to dowithout inside information. He won't be in Indy long even if Crean isn't in Bloomington either.

Does Doyel realize there is a code of ethics for journalism never ever do you ask a coaches wife the question with a kid standing right next to them.

Ethics aren't a part of very many circles these days.

Outside of the big no no asking Joani about Brad Stevens, I thought the article was well written and mostly favorable to Tom. He probably asked her since he knew after his article blasting Crean for the player issues he had nothing to lose. Other than the obvious problems bringing Tom's family into it which he could have left out altogether, I think he's correct in saying we have the talent now and we better win now. I wouldn't be looking for an Indiana basketball Christmas card if I were him, which will make his job hard to dowithout inside information. He won't be in Indy long even if Crean isn't in Bloomington either.

He's an idiot. He's hopping on a win, in order to say "we have the talent" so that a failure can be  possible.

Go read a Eastern Washington article and see if Greggggg Doyle was perplexed as to why we lost with all the talent we have?

If you didn't think it in November, Gregggg, then you don't have any professional knowledge of it now!

He needs ran out on a rail.

A week after he wrote that article, he then put Crean on blast and pretty mucked denounced him as a friend after the failed drug tests came out.

Doyle just sounds like a prick. Doesn't matter if you have a special connection with a family, target the man in question, not his wife and kids.

Doyel has always been a jackwad! Even when he has a valid point he seems to feel the need to be snarky.
I agree with some of the points he has made about Crean but there is absolutely no need to put that interaction out for public consumption.
If he knows her well enough to ask that question on a personal basis fine but I really don't feel that conversation needs to be made public.