Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hutch89

Best Brewery in Bloomington?

Also, best in surrounding area (including Indy)?  Or best in Indiana overall?

In my opinion, Upland is the best brewery in B-town.  Not only do they have a lot of really good flagship beers, but they are doing a really good job in small-batch brews (sours), and with distribution recently.  

However, 3 Floyds has got to be one of the best breweries in the United States, let alone just Indiana. 

Oh, and Crean is a horrible coach  hahaha

Upland is the worst brewery in Bloomington. Their beers are so populist and lack creativity. BBC is better about that. Function is the best brewery in town, they take some delicious risks and make really high quality beer. Just too small and overpriced.

I have not had any Upland sours though. I'll try them when I'm in town.

It depends on the beer. I really enjoy Dragonfly and Upland Wheat (more for nostalgic reasons). I also really like the Harvest Ale. I went to the SMU game and my buddies and I bought some Harvest Ale and Mother Bears and tailgated in the parking lot. It was the most Bloomington thing ever.

In Indy, I really enjoy Fountain Square and Bier. Bier has one of the best Oktoberfests I have ever had.

Three Floyds is the bees knees.

Evansville has two new Brewers tin man and carsons both pretty decent

Tin Man has made some strides in the last year, but they are still just very very focused on distribution and not really about the quality of beer as much.  Carson's is the opposite I think.    

I'd really suggest going to Carson's brewery itself, as they have like 20 different small batch beers to try there. One of which is a beer called "Crimson and Cream", which is red cream ale with vanilla  (served it to me in an IU glass) 

Old Oaken Barrel in Greenwood has some nice beers with Indiana Amber being one of my favorites.

sirhoosierlot was spot on about the New Albanian.The original location on Grantline road.

Great Beers with Oaktimus and Elector being very good.Pizza is to die for.

Worth a trip if you guys up north are ever in our neck of the woods.

Oh I almost forgot I don't like the weird faces CTC makes!

Old Oaken Barrel in Greenwood has some nice beers with Indiana Amber being one of my favorites.

sirhoosierlot was spot on about the New Albanian.The original location on Grantline road.

Great Beers with Oaktimus and Elector being very good.Pizza is to die for.

Worth a trip if you guys up north are ever in our neck of the woods.

Oh I almost forgot I don't like the weird faces CTC makes!

Oaken Barrel is very good.

Tin Man has made some strides in the last year, but they are still just very very focused on distribution and not really about the quality of beer as much.  Carson's is the opposite I think.    

I'd really suggest going to Carson's brewery itself, as they have like 20 different small batch beers to try there. One of which is a beer called "Crimson and Cream", which is red cream ale with vanilla  (served it to me in an IU glass) 

Do they have good food at Carson's?

Do they have good food at Carson's?

Nah, they only have snacks and stuff there.  Tin Man has done a really good job upping their food game though, much better than when they started. 

What's the newest brewery in town called? They are where Cafe Django was, I think they brew in Nashville though and ship in. They're not too bad. Taste a little like clones still, they need their own voice. At least that was the case last time I had them.

Man. This thread really makes me feel like a beer snob. 

What's the newest brewery in town called? They are where Cafe Django was, I think they brew in Nashville though and ship in. They're not too bad. Taste a little like clones still, they need their own voice. At least that was the case last time I had them.

Man. This thread really makes me feel like a beer snob. 

"Quaff On!"   is the name you're looking for. 

I'm doing this. i'm thread-cutting!

Fairbanks Alaska has an awesome craft beer brewery

"HOODOO" brewery serving "Kolchsh", IPA, UK IPA, Stout as the mainstays.

Best IPA i have ever gurgled!

Best IPA and it's called  "UK IPA"?   no thank you...    :shout: