Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

UAB RB Jordan Howard to IU

What we need is a DEFENSE!

Our defense looked better late in the year, and many of our better defensive players were just freshmen and sophomores.  I like the Tyler Green pickup as well giving us another 4* safety.

In some games this year it was the offense that let the defense down by not moving the ball and the defense getting worn out over the course of the game because of it.

What we need is a DEFENSE!

We need more defense. The defense was really starting to come on last year, and looks to be in line with defensive progression that Coach Knorr has had at previous jobs. But yes, we really need to pick up some more quality defenders. Jamal Milan would be a good pickup, at least one more quality linebacker, a corner or two, and a DE or two. We have some good defenders, but we really need to upgrade and build depth.

UAB shutting down their football program looks like it might really help us. Howard and Hawkins look like they both can be big playmakers for us. Hopefully Sudfeld improved the mental aspect of his game and understanding defenses when he was out with the injury. 

This is a very good pickup, I don't believe he has the overall talent of Tevin but few do. I wonder if any of the first or second year RBs are now pondering a transfer? 

Who knows. I thought about that, but consider this: CKW seems to be willing to split plenty of reps for RB's. So second string RB is still probably going to see a lot of play, and the 3rd string RB is going to get some. Then there is this, Howard comes in as the heir apparent to Coleman, but he will not be handed the job, he'll have to earn it. He would project as a starter early, but we have some good backs who may well beat him out.