Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#USWNT - 2015 World Cup CHAMPS!

The United States drew seemingly the most difficult group for the 2015 Women's World Cup, with an opener against familiar foe Australia, a match with Sweden and former American coach Pia Sundhage and a first-round finale against perennial African champion Nigeria.

Seeking its third title but first since 1999, the top-ranked U.S. will start Group D against 10th-ranked Australia on June 8 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The match against No. 5 Sweden and Sundhage on June 12 brings the most intrigue, along with FIFA's insistence on playing on artificial turf instead of grass. Nigeria is next on June 18th.

6/8 - USA vs Australia -- W, 3-1
6/12 - USA vs Sweden, D, 0-0
6/18 - USA vs Nigeria - W, 1-0
6/22 - Rd of 16 - USA vs Columbia -- W, 2-0
6/26 - Quarterfinal - USA vs China -- W, 1-0
6/30 - Semifinal - USA vs Germany --, W, 2-0
7/5 - Final - USA vs Japan -- W, 5-2

thats a great draw, similar to what usa men drew for rio, except usa women play the germany role.  you should want to play tough teams in the first round.  prove you're a true contender and advance with high confidence.

it's absolutely despicable the tournament will be played on turf for the first time ever.  fifa keeps rehashing the weather conditions excuse, calling it too much of a challenge to prepare and maintain natural turf.  if the men were playing a world cup in canada, you think fifa would say and do the same thing?  f-ck no.  it just held the cup in brazil which required 12 stadiums be built in the middle of nowhere at a cost of around $500 million, hardly to be used after the tournament.  they were built with brazil's money but still, fifa approved it and makes sure the men are accomodated.  the 2018 cup will be held in russia, a close environmental comparison to canada.  guarantee no fifa executive has given a genuine ounce of thought to playing it on turf.  the uproar to that would dwarf whats occurring now.

this is far from the first time fifa has proven to be riddled with sexists, hypocrites and idiots.  it's probably the most hated organization in the world, likely even more so than terrorists groups, considering its sheer involvement, exposure and the interest in football around the globe.  take american college sports fans' hatred toward the ncaa, multiply by 1000, and you might approach the global hatred for fifa.  check out the video below to hear john oliver's take on the 2022 cup awarded to qatar, where common work conditions eerily similar to slavery exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJEt2KU33I

Groups out.

The United States drew seemingly the most difficult group for the 2015 Women's World Cup, with an opener against familiar foe Australia, a match with Sweden and former American coach Pia Sundhage and a first-round finale against perennial African champion Nigeria.

Seeking its third title but first since 1999, the top-ranked U.S. will start Group D against 10th-ranked Australia on June 8 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The match against No. 5 Sweden and Sundhage on June 12 brings the most intrigue, along with FIFA's insistence on playing on artificial turf instead of grass.

Group A: Canada, China PR, New Zealand, Netherlands
Group B: Germany, Côte d'Ivoire, Norway, Thailand
Group C: Japan, Switzerland, Cameroon, Ecuador
Group D: United States, Australia, Sweden, Nigeria
Group E: Brazil, Korea Republic, Spain, Costa Rica
Group F: France, England, Colombia, Mexico

oh how nice it is to quote and post videos and links!  finally made the switch to firefox.  ie and firefox are not even in the same universe.  mad at myself for not doing it sooner.  if you havent made the switch, do it now.

oh how nice it is to quote and post videos and links!  finally made the switch to firefox.  ie and firefox are not even in the same universe.  mad at myself for not doing it sooner.  if you havent made the switch, do it now.

About time. I had IE back on HSN and mysteriously switched to Chrome.

It's about time.  I've been using FF on my personal PCs/laptops since it was in Beta.  I love it!  I use IE at work only because the software requires IE.  But I use FF on my work laptop when not at work.  lol 

SMH. Hope Solo suspended from the team for 30 days. Her domestic violence charges from the summer were dropped recently and I guess there was an altercation with the police earlier this week when her boyfriend got a DUI.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/12207715/hope-solo-suspended-30-days-us-soccer

Roster out.

Abby Wambach F 5-11 6/2/80 Rochester, N.Y. Unattached

Alex Morgan F 5-7 7/2/89 Diamond Bar, Calif. Portland Thorns FC

Amy Rodriguez F 5-4 2/17/87 Lake Forest, Calif. FC Kansas City

Christen Press F 5-7 12/29/88 Palos Verdes Estates, Calif. Chicago Red Stars

Sydney Leroux F 5-7 5/7/90 Scottsdale, Ariz. Western New York Flash

Carli Lloyd M 5-8 7/16/82 Delran, N.J. Houston Dash

Heather O'Reilly M 5-5 1/2/85 East Brunswick, N.J. FC Kansas City

Lauren Holiday M 5-8 9/30/87 Indianapolis, Ind. FC Kansas City

Megan Rapinoe M 5-7 7/5/85 Redding, Calif. Seattle Reign FC

Meghan Klingenberg M 5-2 8/2/88 Gibsonia, Pa. Houston Dash

Morgan Brian M 5-7 2/26/93 St. Simons Island, Ga. Houston Dash

Shannon Boxx M 5-8 6/29/77 Redondo Beach, Calif. Chicago Red Stars
Tobin Heath M 5-6 5/29/88 Basking Ridge, N.J. Portland Thorns FC

Ali Krieger D 5-6 7/28/84 Dumfries, Va. Washington Spirit
Becky Sauerbrunn D 5-7 6/6/85 St. Louis, Mo. FC Kansas City
Christie Rampone D 5-6 6/24/75 Point Pleasant, N.J. Sky Blue FC
Julie Johnston D 5-7 4/6/92 Mesa, Ariz. Chicago Red Stars
Kelley O'Hara D 5-5 8/4/88 Fayetteville, Ga. Sky Blue FC
Lori Chalupny D 5-4 1/29/84 St. Louis, Mo. Chicago Red Stars
Whitney Engen D 5-8 11/28/87 Rolling Hills Estates, Calif. Western New York Flash

Alyssa Naeher GK 5-9 4/20/88 Bridgeport, Conn. Boston Breakers
Ashlyn Harris GK 5-9 10/19/85 Satellite Beach, Fla. Washington Spirit
Hope Solo GK 5-9 7/30/81 Richland, Wash. Seattle Reign FC

WWC kicks off this Saturday. Canada/China @ 6 pm ET on FOX Sports 1 and New Zealand/Netherlands @ 9 pm ET on FOX Sports 2 get us started. We play on Monday.

Schedule

June 8, 7:30 pm ET, USA vs Australia; FOX Sports 1
June 12, 8 pm ET, USA vs Sweden; FOX
June 16, 8 pm ET, USA vs Nigeria; FOX

Germany blanked Ivory Coast 10-0. Let's see what our ladies have tonight.

Game 1 vs Australia @ 7:30 pm ET on FOX Sports 1.

Do you by chance have a stream?