Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Nebraska fires 9-3 Coach Bo Pelini

I agree. If we fire Wilson, the coordinators are probably gone too, which means all new schemes and probably quite a few transfers. We'd have to completely restart the rebuild building up of the program.

How bad could it be? Not like we're getting anywhere with the current regime. 

We beat the (at the very least) SEC runner-up. Still trying to comprehend that. Lol how?

(Yes, I realize they're in the East.)

We were a more complete team then. It's possible that at the end of the season the BG game was going to look like a huge fluke and the Mizzou game was closer to the norm. Or the BG game was the norm and Mizzou was a fluke. If it were the latter I could see Wilson losing his job, but without having a complete season it's impossible to look back on it and tell.

Nebraska fired Frank Solich after a 9 win season to hire another coach that they would eventually fire after a series of 9 win seasons. 

I think Bo was done in more for having bad PR with Nebraska fans + getting hilariously blown out in signature games. 

Let's steal some recruits though!  :)

Nebraska fired Bo Pelini (67-27) for Mike Riley (93-80).  

I have no problem with a traditional power having high expectations and deciding to move on from a coach who they feel is not meeting those expectations.  However, when they do the administration had better have a home run hire waiting to go.  If you don't you end up with a guy pretty much equal to who you already had.  It might make fans temporarily happy, but it really doesn't do anything to help in the long run.