Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

somebody pointed that out to me yesterday...
I didn't know Quinn played football...
he certainly would be the poster child for a dual sport athlete at IU!

I've been of the opinion that Quinn may have been recruited as a dual athlete. He was the Chicago area top athlete in both basketball and football when he was a senior. I can see where not having to choose one sport over the other could help a kid make a commitment. Something else that stood out was his participation on teams that just didn't lose. He had always been a winner and that attitude continued throughout his college and professional career.
Back to Latham. He's a space eater and if he can use his size and strength down low, I ready to give him a try. I would only hope he could bring some mean and nasty attitude with that size.

Quinn did play but as he got past his sophomore year he saw basketball was a more likely path for him and he gave up football.

He was actually projected to the NFL as a DB.  Coach Knight I believe told him he needed to give up football.

He was an All Time great college general on the offensive end of the floor, and his defense was lockdown.

He was actually projected to the NFL as a DB.

I was basing my comment off Quinn himself. It might be he preferred basketball but he did say that he eventually had to choose and could not keep playing both.

I was basing my comment off Quinn himself. It might be he preferred basketball but he did say that he eventually had to choose and could not keep playing both.

He may have seen the possibility of winning a national championship in basketball at IU as more attainable than winning a national championship in football at IU, even though it had not been long since IU had been to a Rose Bowl when Buckner played.  But I believe he was recruited to IU for basketball.