Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I don't think there's any truth to it. Without posting info that is premium on another site, I'll just say I don't think it's going to happen.

But what I can say is that logic says it won't happen. He's playing at something like 320 lbs now. He wouldn't be in any kind of basketball shape, and I doubt he could get into basketball shape in a short amount of time even if he wanted to.

My guess is it's rumor---but we are in need of inside help--- so who knows?

The football player experiments in general in the past have not worked out so well for basketball.

We will have to stay tuned on this one.

right...I can only think of a couple that have ever tried it at IU (Randle El, James Hardy?) and their basketball careers were underwhelming...but highly decorated football players.

He's only 6'5, not sure how much of a "big man" that is. Also, has he even played much since high school? It just seems like too many things would keep this from not happening. And for me, I'm not sure I want it either because 6'5 isn't a big man, no matter the weight.

Anyone else hearing that Darius Lathum will be suiting up for IUBB now that IUFB's season is done? Any truth to the Twitter rumors? Basketball4IU, I'm talking to you!!!

This was one guy on Twitter who was joking around about it.. Not credible one bit

right...I can only think of a couple that have ever tried it at IU (Randle El, James Hardy?) and their basketball careers were underwhelming...but highly decorated football players.

I realize this is going back,but Quinn Buckner played 2 seasons of football. I think he played Safety. I believe he found it difficult to do both and decided to go with basketball. Good choice.

I remember when Henderson got hurt in 93 we brought a football player in for depth, Ross Hales or something like that.  Also in the mid 90's there was another football player that played for us, he was a quick guard that never scored, (Jean Paul) or something like that, then of course Antwaan Randle El and James Hardy.  I remember Antonio Gates was rock solid his one year at Kent St. and Julius Peppers was a load in the post at UNC

Football season may be over, but I'm guessing that a football specific off season conditioning program will start soon.  Besides, Coach Wilson doesn't seem like a "sharing" kind of guy to me.