Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Devin Davis Updates

I'm sorry, but this thought is just selfish on your part. His long term health is the most important thing. I too, wish he could be on the floor, but, this cannot be rushed.

Actually, no, it isn't selfish of him at all. He's simply stating what would be a reasonable timetable IF Devin were ready to go. The poster even mentions specifically that he has no interest in Devin being rushed back.

Everyone is so interested in making it clear that they only care for his long term health that they haven't realized NO ONE is disagreeing. Y'all are tripping over yourselves to be the good guy.

I just don't know if it's a good idea to put him in a game this year, even if he recovers in time and is medically cleared to play.

I'm just thinking "worst case scenario" if he were to play this year. Now, obviously his health and life are way more important than anything related to basketball, but imagine if he does in fact heal quickly, and finds his way into a game in late February. What if he took an inadvertent elbow to the head, causing some type of longer term injury, or worse?

Can you imagine the PR hit that Fred Glass, Tom Crean, and Indiana University would take for putting him into a game, just a few months removed from a hairline fracture to his skull?

For all parties involved, but mostly for Devin's long term health and ability to live a normal life, it just makes sense to give him a year to get better, back in shape, and fully healthy.

I think we will take the doctors and trainers word for it if they say it is safe then that is good enough for me if not then he wont b back anyhow

Once the doctors clear him---it will be up to DD and his family to make the call if he is ready to play and for IU to decide if they will let him.

In the end---doctors have to clear him first and none of us know yet if or when that will be.

We are all understandably curious ----and this is a good discussion---because he has now been seen at a girls' game in Indy and is mobile again.

Prayers---that he keeps making progress and to a speedy recovery!

Born Ready™ ‏@OhUMike_uhYea  2m
Pool Table Time With My Brother. God Really Answers Prayers ✊ #iubb 

Where is that picture taken? Is he playing billiards in an art gallery? 

Wait, is that the hospital?

He looks great though. It's always good to see him up and about. 

Devin will not play this year and likely will not be back in classrooms semester or next. Brain injuries have little to nothing to do with how he physically looks. These types of injuries take lots of time to recover from.

Speculation or inside info?

Where is that picture taken? Is he playing billiards in an art gallery? 

Wait, is that the hospital?

He looks great though. It's always good to see him up and about. 

Wow---we don't have pool tables in our hospitals in Southern Indiana---heck we're lucky to have doctors! LOL!

Wow---we don't have pool tables in our hospitals in Southern Indiana---heck we're lucky to have doctors! LOL!

can confirm...have never seen a pool table in Southern Indiana or Louisville hospital...

but...

have seen a McDonald's in a children's Hospital in said location...

which is a little weird...