Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Devin Davis Updates

At this risk of how it may sound, I don't care if it's not in his future. His health and well being is the most important thing, and if that means he can't play ball anymore than so be it.

yep, agreed and pretty much my point. The fact that no story about his injury talks basketball is very telling to me.

Maybe this will serve as the wake up call that the BBall team needed.  If this doesn't get their attention--I don't know what will. They just saw arguably their toughest and strongest teammate go down and fight for his life. Sometimes good things come out of bad things and I hope they use this to inspire their play but more importantly to make them better men.

I will sure be rooting for DD in health and in life.  I hope BBall is still in his future.  Regardless--he needs our prayers!

He no doubt will be provided the very best care available.  Its easy to take for granted but there is a tremendous financial cost being paid for his care now and going forward. Hopefully the University insurance programs will cover this regardless of circumstances, etc. The proiority in any case is to restore him to health in as short of time as possible.

You raise a good point colonel06---does anyone know if health insurance coverage is part of the scholarship package student athletes receive at IU---especially for an off the court injury?

I sure hope so---this is going to be a 6 figure bill easily for DD and his famiiy---hope they have coverage.

Continued prayers!

I hope for Devin that he can heal up like he should. I think k this should not only be eye opening to the team about u de rage drinking and fooling around but I think this should be example to all college kids out there. I know Yogi got a hard time when he mentioned that society plays a role in all this but I agree with him. I'm a senior at ball St l, I don't drink (never have,never will) and on Mondays all I hear from fellow classmates is about how much they drank and how much they partied. ..like they should be given some sort of award. That's the society that is prevalent these days. Another outcome of this whole DD accident is that the law should probably crack down hard on kids drinking underage. Nothing negative or against DD. Probably not the popular opinion but I never have aligned with popular opinion.