Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iRepIU

#3 Mich vs #10 OSU

That was one good game. I'm just left wondering why D. Thomas is not taking the shot at the end of the game. 

D. Thomas looked spent, and if I saw the replay correctly, didn't even try and get down the court after the missed free throw. I think Craft knew this and thought he could draw the contact to get to the line

Brad stevens let his team play on and they won, Thad let his team play on and lost, I believe in situations at the end coach's should burn a Time out to set somthing up

Brad stevens let his team play on and they won, Thad let his team play on and lost, I believe in situations at the end coach's should burn a Time out to set somthing up

For the record, Brad Stevens let them play and they missed a three pointer which led to overtime. In overtime, Stevens had a timeout right before that final play was ran.

I loved what Kraft did. Drive straight to the bucket, draw contact, get to the fou.... Well I like what he tried to do. That was a foul plain and simple. Come tournament time, that will be called a foul 9/10 times. In the Big Ten however, it's a foul 1/10 times.

As much as I complained about the foul when I saw it live, after watching the replay I'm not as concerned, so I think the tourny odds are more like 5/10 that it gets called if only due to the amount of contact the defender got on the ball before connecting with Craft's arms

At IU refs will call a foul on any team (it doesn't matter which) an average of twice a minute or more.  It's really annoying, and it slows down the gameplay. Most Big 10 refs call fouls VERY liberally during the game; however, they never want to call a foul on a play like that ESPECIALLY AT HOME.