Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2014) PG Tyra Buss to IUWBB

She is a very good player, she's from my home town. I grew up playing baseball and basketball against her oldest brother.

Don't be surprised if she struggles this year. They don't face a ton of quality competition, and it will take a little while for her to adjust. The reason why she scores a lot is because the coach let her do anything she wanted. Not her fault, but it really wasn't a team concept.

Just don't except 10+ pts per game her first season. She has a ton of talent and work ethic (Oladipo level, no joke), and will be a heck of a player, just let her adjust.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

Now that I've inadvertently stumbled across this previously unknown (to myself) Tyra Buss topic thread,it'd be completely out of character for me,myself,and I to simply just read it without commenting on it. Lol Basically, I just wanted to comment on the post about Tyra playing so well that it's unbelievable that she wasn't selected to the McDonald's High School All-American Team" because that's exactly the question that majority of high school basketball fan's across the tri-state were asking themselves after the rosters were announced then subsequently released nationwide. There's absolutely no question about it that Tyra was unfairly snubbed and most certainly deserved to had been selected to play, "and in my own personal opinion," and actually start in one of the two rosters line up's. And as far as the competition that she'd faced during her high school year's being weak, well that's a myth that unfortunately originated from an ignorant individual who knew very little next to absolutely nothing about her, or her high school career. Tyra's an legitimate bona fide basketball superstar and will continue to be one whether she's playing in college, or she's playing professionally here in the states, or in a foreign national league. Tyra's quite frankly one of the best girls high school basketball player's in the history of the sport.

Scrubs? Lol Perhaps you'd do well to remember that it's never smart to comment on matters that you've no prior knowledge about because it's blatantly obvious by your comment that you really don't know anything at all about Tyra, or here basketball past history.

Scrubs? Lol Perhaps you'd do well to remember that it's never smart to comment on matters that you've no prior knowledge about because it's blatantly obvious by your comment that you really don't know anything at all about Tyra, or here basketball past history.

First off welcome, second, please don't come in here like you own the place and know it all. I LIVED in Tyra's home town, and watched her play not only in high school, but way before then.

Lets be respectful and not go after one another. 96, please take some time and read over the forum rules. I ask all newbies read that so we won't have any problems going forward. This place is about being respectful, and at the very least civil with one another. Lets take it easy.

Now that I've inadvertently stumbled across this previously unknown (to myself) Tyra Buss topic thread,it'd be completely out of character for me,myself,and I to simply just read it without commenting on it. Lol Basically, I just wanted to comment on the post about Tyra playing so well that it's unbelievable that she wasn't selected to the McDonald's High School All-American Team" because that's exactly the question that majority of high school basketball fan's across the tri-state were asking themselves after the rosters were announced then subsequently released nationwide. There's absolutely no question about it that Tyra was unfairly snubbed and most certainly deserved to had been selected to play, "and in my own personal opinion," and actually start in one of the two rosters line up's. And as far as the competition that she'd faced during her high school year's being weak, well that's a myth that unfortunately originated from an ignorant individual who knew very little next to absolutely nothing about her, or her high school career. Tyra's an legitimate bona fide basketball superstar and will continue to be one whether she's playing in college, or she's playing professionally here in the states, or in a foreign national league. Tyra's quite frankly one of the best girls high school basketball player's in the history of the sport.

While she did play some very good talent, you can't believe she didn't go up against weak competition too? Southern Illinois is bad with basketball, especially in southeastern Illinois. Luckily she played against the Big8 conference, but she still played some very bad teams.

On 3/10/2016 at 11:13 AM, ccgeneral said:

Buss passed Brooks for the most points scored in the first two seasons.

Indiana 800 Point Scorers in First Two Seasons

Players Years Lettered   Pts. in first 2 years    Pts. in career (all-time rank)

Tyra Buss 2014-present            982                ????
Larryn Brooks 2013-14              919                 919
Denise Jackson 1981-84          913               1917 (1st)
Rachelle Bostic 1985-88           900               1827 (5th)
Jill Chapman 1999-02               871               1865 (3rd)
Cindy Bumgarner 1985-88       852               1836 (4th)
Jamie Braun 2007-10                826               1603 (7th)
Amanda Cahill 2014-present    819               ????
Karna Abram 1984-87               813               1910 (2nd)

Another record watch. Buss 18 points away from the quickest to 1000.

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/tyra-buss-and-her-new-look-jumper-to-undergo-first-test-tonight