Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana-Pride

Next year, Outside Shooting!

With losing Watford, Hulls, and maybe Oladipo, who will be a consistant outside shooter next year? Maybe Yogi, but he will be keyed on. None of the new recruits are pure outside shooters...

I have been wondering this myself. However, I am enjoying this team so much that I will worry about that when this season is over. I don't know that I have enjoyed watching an Indiana team more in my 40 plus years watching the Hoosiers. Cream will put the pieces together next year and we will be tough to beat. It may not look like this years team but he has shown me he recruits talent that fits his style of play and he makes them better basketball players. Look at it this way, while Jordan can shoot, he is definitely someone we have to cover for on defense and can be taken advantage of with the wrong match up. I don't see that being possible next year with the talent and athleticism we will have on the floor. Crean will figure it out next year. Let's enjoy this year.

I have been wondering this myself. However, I am enjoying this team so much that I will worry about that when this season is over. I don't know that I have enjoyed watching an Indiana team more in my 40 plus years watching the Hoosiers. Cream will put the pieces together next year and we will be tough to beat. It may not look like this years team but he has shown me he recruits talent that fits his style of play and he makes them better basketball players. Look at it this way, while Jordan can shoot, he is definitely someone we have to cover for on defense and can be taken advantage of with the wrong match up. I don't see that being possible next year with the talent and athleticism we will have on the floor. Crean will figure it out next year. Let's enjoy this year.

We are going to look SOOO much different than this year's team. Just think about how many of our Seniors have played EVERY game of their career. Jordan Hulls, Christian Watford have both STARTED for 4 years. That's basically unheard of in today's game. Elston and Creek have both been staples of the lineups as well. It will be the end of an era, but I'm not going to talk about it again. It's depressing to think about!

Last year, Oladipo couldn't hit the broad side of Assembly Hall from 3 point land ( 21%). This year , he's hitting 51%. Difference?  Practice, practice, practice...........

We will have people next year who can shoot from 3, count on it........

Most definitely the starting line-up will be Ferrell, Abell, Hollowell, Hanner-Perea, Jurkin.  This is assuming that Zeller/Oladipo won't be back. Ferrell, Abell, Hollowell are good shooters no matter where they are.

Most definitely the starting line-up will be Ferrell, Abell, Hollowell, Hanner-Perea, Jurkin.  This is assuming that Zeller/Oladipo won't be back. Ferrell, Abell, Hollowell are good shooters no matter where they are.
so you think Abell starts over sheehey? And Peter will start over Vonleh? Don't see how that could happen

If HP and/or PJ. EVER start, IU is in a world of hurt. I wish these kids the absolute best but neither is a basketball player. They are just tall guys who are "athletic"... I'd love to know what either has really shown that would indicate enough of a grasp of the game to be a starter ever, let alone next season. If we start a post man in Cody's absence, it will be a kid who grew up playing BBall and is a proven winner, Mr. Fischer.

starters are Ferrel, Noah, sheehey, hollowell, and abell, but i just dont see jurkin starting, and Hanner-Perea would have to have a hell of an off season in my mind to be a starter

How quickly some of you forget three years and the progression of a then little known player named Oladipo.  Many of the guys you are saying will never be a starter were ranked quite a bit higher than he was.  While I don't believe it in the slightest, there are some saying Noah Vonleh is way overrated and will be a huge flop.

Total minutes played year-to-date:

Peter Jurkin  7

Hanner Mosquera-Perea  90

Most of these were garbage minutes.

It's all going to come down to how much they are learning from the current group, how hard they work in the off-season, and how badly they want to compete against a very skilled incoming class.  Some will rise to the occasion while others will not.  Time will tell.

Well next year Yogi will be a game changer! He needs to work on his shooting a bit over the off season! He has showed his potential already this year with the big game tying three against Butler! He I believe will be the key to the Hoosier's success next year!

Will Sheehey? Maurice creek could be Matt Roth like... Maybe.

If Creek being Matt Roth like is being gone then I think you might be right. Something tells me he will not be here next year, but I have no information to confirm that.

Starters for next year assuming ZellAdipo is gone

PG - Ferrell

SG/SF - Sheehey

SF - Hollowell

PF - Vonleh

C - Fischer

If Vic stays but Cody leaves

PG - Ferrell

SG - Oladipo

SF - Sheehey

PF - Vonleh

C - Fischer

If Cody stays but Vic leaves

PG - Ferrell

SG/SF - Sheehey

SF - Hollowell

PF - Vonleh

C - Zeller

I agree with Cream and Crimson's lineup.  I do believe Zeller and Oladipo will be gone.

Even though i'm loving this team and enjoying this year.  I believe next seasons team will be very good as well.

We will have experience...Sheehey, Etherington, Abell, Yogi & Hollowell

We will have bigs... Jurkin, Perea & Fischer

We will have shooters... Hollowell, Yogi, Etherington, Sheehey, Hartman & Vonleh

Tons of athletes....Sheehey, Abell, Yogi, Perea, Davis, Williams & Robinson.

then take in the everyone gets better at IU each year, will we be as good as this season? Who knows, but I think we can be a top 20 team next season with some upside.  Not to mention our defense & rebounding should take huge jumps with this roster.