Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ou812dude

post game IU/MissValleyState...

We will have to shoot close to if not 50% to win most games. It is hard to tell where this team goes from just one game but when we get the 3 suspended players back, especially Williams and Robinson we should be much better inside. Honestly, I like the mix this team had. We don't have a dominate center but in college basketball you don't need one. We need to be able to play better team defense. That is the biggest weakness I saw. Team defense. 

Watching two legit teams ball right now in UL vs Minn. So not considering them and just our performance tonight.
1. If we shoot this well we'll be a tough out.
2. JB2 & Rob J- both seasoned beyond their years although the beards and facial hair they look older. JB2 will have a harder time creating his own shot vs better comp. RJ just a nice player; good handles and happy to have him as a Hoosier.
3. Hanner much improved. He's still a work in progress, but he has a lot of talent when he slows down. If we really worked on an alley oop he would be good for 3/4 a game. I hope he continues to work hard.
4. Max H. - He's a starter imo. Good size, looks to score, rebounds, and handles the ball like a point forward. He has too many skills to not help early and often. Really a great recruit for Crean and biggest surprise for me.
5. Yogi-If he facilitates first the team will be more successful. He still plays out of control and in year 3 I'm alittle dissappointed. He needs to lead better.
6. Z-Like his fire and he shot well tonight. By B1G play I don't see him playing much but spot minutes.
7. April& Priller- slow and weak but size helps. April may help us this year if he can improve footwork.
8. Hartman-Impressed coming back from injury. He has a role with steady play.
9. Walkons- I agree they're upgrades and a couple can help. Nice job getting them on board.
Positives...Looked good against a really bad team.
Negatives...Turnovers and we are gonna get killed in B1G play and against top teams. I really don't want to play Louisville. Hanner is gonna get used. Top talent we are no match even with good guard play asthey don't stack up well either. Quickness another weakness as well as strength. We will live and die by the three and mostly die. But good game tonight.

Watching two legit teams ball right now in UL vs Minn. So not considering them and just our performance tonight.
1. If we shoot this well we'll be a tough out.
2. JB2 & Rob J- both seasoned beyond their years although the beards and facial hair they look older. JB2 will have a harder time creating his own shot vs better comp. RJ just a nice player; good handles and happy to have him as a Hoosier.
3. Hanner much improved. He's still a work in progress, but he has a lot of talent when he slows down. If we really worked on an alley oop he would be good for 3/4 a game. I hope he continues to work hard.
4. Max H. - He's a starter imo. Good size, looks to score, rebounds, and handles the ball like a point forward. He has too many skills to not help early and often. Really a great recruit for Crean and biggest surprise for me.
5. Yogi-If he facilitates first the team will be more successful. He still plays out of control and in year 3 I'm alittle dissappointed. He needs to lead better.
6. Z-Like his fire and he shot well tonight. By B1G play I don't see him playing much but spot minutes.
7. April& Priller- slow and weak but size helps. April may help us this year if he can improve footwork.
8. Hartman-Impressed coming back from injury. He has a role with steady play.
9. Walkons- I agree they're upgrades and a couple can help. Nice job getting them on board.
Positives...Looked good against a really bad team.
Negatives...Turnovers and we are gonna get killed in B1G play and against top teams. I really don't want to play Louisville. Hanner is gonna get used. Top talent we are no match even with good guard play asthey don't stack up well either. Quickness another weakness as well as strength. We will live and die by the three and mostly die. But good game tonight.

Agree with everything except the guard play against top talent. I really think the combo of Rob, James, and Yogi will be one of the best backcourts in the country by BIG play and tht can carry us a long way. College bball is guard oriented as of late and that can contribute to a lot of wins If they play like they are capable of. They will have off nights, but I would much rather have a team full of great guards than a team with basically one guard and a big (yogi and Vonleh last year as an example)

Agree with everything except the guard play against top talent. I really think the combo of Rob, James, and Yogi will be one of the best backcourts in the country by BIG play and tht can carry us a long way. College bball is guard oriented as of late and that can contribute to a lot of wins If they play like they are capable of. They will have off nights, but I would much rather have a team full of great guards than a team with basically one guard and a big (yogi and Vonleh last year as an example)

We don't have one of the best by a long shot. Z won't see but spot time as the season progresses; he just doesn't handle the ball well. JB2 won't get open looks and doesn't have the strength yet to drive like he did tonight. Yogi plays out of control still in year three and just isn't a good shooter. Teams will back off since he penetrates so well. Max H to me is the wildcard. Crean needs to get him a lot of minutes early. His size creates match up problems and he shoots and rebounds well. He surprised me the most although RJ steady play was impressive. Bottom line...were too young and too weak at guard play to be the best guards. Give it another year and we'll see.

I thought Yogi played well. Facilitated the ball starting out and then followed up with scoring.

I wish Rojo would calm down when dribbling the ball up the court in transition. I feel like half the turn overs came from him getting ancy pushing the ball up the court and someone taking it from him. In the second half he calmed down and looked really good.

Jimbo Buckets Jr. is a great offensive player, but his defense needs some major work.

It is going to be nice having those two around for a few years.

Also while there were 19 turnovers, 12 of them were in the first half. Only 7 in the second half with the reserves playing almost a quarter of it. Don't quote me on those numbers though.

Hanner played well. Doesn't look lost like he normally did.

Good first game and I am excited to see how the team pans out as the heat gets turned up the next few games!

Side note, I have been watching college basketball all night and I haven't seen a team with the outside shooters like IU. Don't know if that is reflective of the quality of the opponent or what. 

We don't have one of the best by a long shot. Z won't see but spot time as the season progresses; he just doesn't handle the ball well. JB2 won't get open looks and doesn't have the strength yet to drive like he did tonight. Yogi plays out of control still in year three and just isn't a good shooter. Teams will back off since he penetrates so well. Max H to me is the wildcard. Crean needs to get him a lot of minutes early. His size creates match up problems and he shoots and rebounds well. He surprised me the most although RJ steady play was impressive. Bottom line...were too young and too weak at guard play to be the best guards. Give it another year and we'll see.

Yogi had 5 assists and 15 points. Shot %50 from three.

Yogi not a good shooter???????? Huhhhhh?

Well we looked pretty good, but wow MVSU is bad so we should probably take conclusions with a grain of salt.

We shot very well, although we won't make 50% of our 3 pt attempts every game.  I don't like living and dying by the 3, it is a low percentage shot and will come back to bite you.

Hanner is improved, but it remains to be seen how improved he looks against real competition.

Way top many turnovers, as usual.