Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Friday's Game

Can anyone explain to me why IU doesn't make all the students tickets for the student section? I'm sitting in the nose bleeds right now and it's still a good view but ...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Those are student sections. When you sell 16,000 student tickets you can't have just a skinny little student section like Duke or wherever. So, like 70% of the place is designated for students.

Otherwise, they could only sell a 1000 or so. 

Those are student sections. When you sell 16,000 student tickets you can't have just a skinny little student section like Duke or wherever. So, like 70% of the place is designated for students.

Otherwise, they could only sell a 1000 or so.

11,000ish this year. But yeah lol.

11,000ish this year. But yeah lol.

I knew it had been mentioned in a previous thread but certainly wasn't going to take the time to find it. 

You're a student right, how does that work? I assume they aren't opening more seats up to the GenPop, do they give you more games?

I knew it had been mentioned in a previous thread but certainly wasn't going to take the time to find it.

You're a student right, how does that work? I assume they aren't opening more seats up to the GenPop, do they give you more games?

We got 12 games this year. Up from 8 last year. I got 2 GA's, 1 behind the basket, and the other 9 are spread between the balcony and main concourse.

12! 2 GAs and a behind the basket?!? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Do you earn any bonus points or is that just having bought bball tickets in the past? Those are awesome. I wish I were at school in years after a down year rather than just down years.

12! 2 GAs and a behind the basket?!? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Do you earn any bonus points or is that just having bought bball tickets in the past? Those are awesome. I wish I were at school in years after a down year rather than just down years.

You get points if you go to other sports. So football games and soccer games and all that earn you points and that gets you better seats I think. I'm a junior, but it's my first year here so I assume juniors and seniors that have been here did better than me.

You get points if you go to other sports. So football games and soccer games and all that earn you points and that gets you better seats I think. I'm a junior, but it's my first year here so I assume juniors and seniors that have been here did better than me.

I was wondering if you had been earning points, but I guess you answered that. We were all about trying to game the point system when I was there, though it wasn't really worth it.

I have the same ticket breakdown

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Jealous.