Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) QB Tommy Stevens to PSU

Just curious, why is he a "scumbag"?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

When he was at Vandy, he had a couple commitments back off of their commitment. He came out and said "They were not men of integrity, or men of honor". Then when he first got to Penn St., he flipped two commits and tried to explain to people why it was OK for them to flip. 

He was also in the middle of a pretty sketchy rape case at Vandy. Its all a bunch of hearsay, but apparently he knew about a video that one of the players involved had and told him to delete it so it wouldn't be released to the law or the public.

Another message board I am apart of has multiple Penn St fans on there that have had interactions with JF and said he is condescending unless you have something to offer. 

I have heard good things about a lot of coaches, hell even Urban Meyer, but I have not heard a single good thing about Franklin. Just not a big fan.

When he was at Vandy, he had a couple commitments back off of their commitment. He came out and said "They were not men of integrity, or men of honor". Then when he first got to Penn St., he flipped two commits and tried to explain to people why it was OK for them to flip.

He was also in the middle of a pretty sketchy rape case at Vandy. Its all a bunch of hearsay, but apparently he knew about a video that one of the players involved had and told him to delete it so it wouldn't be released to the law or the public.

Another message board I am apart of has multiple Penn St fans on there that have had interactions with JF and said he is condescending unless you have something to offer.

I have heard good things about a lot of coaches, hell even Urban Meyer, but I have not heard a single good thing about Franklin. Just not a big fan.

Wow, if that rape case situation is true then scumbag is a great description.

Lol, looks like you got your wish. ND just flipped QB Brandon Wimbush from Penn State.

That should keep Stevens at IU. The kid will be starting for a long time here and will have a good group of young receivers to toss to. Redding looks like he'll pick up where Coleman leaves off as well.

That should keep Stevens at IU. The kid will be starting for a long time here and will have a good group of young receivers to toss to. Redding looks like he'll pick up where Coleman leaves off as well.

ND was never going to extend an offer to Stevens. Like I said before, the only QB out there that was still looking around that ND would take was Wimbush. Kid is an absolute stud. Looks alot like Everett Golson out of High School, just bigger. Glad ND got him to flip because I highly dislike PSU and ND needed a QB this cycle. They were thinking about passing on one this year, but that is a tough thing to do and the last time ND did it, they were stuck with Tommy Rees at QB. Nobody wants to go through that again.

Lol, looks like you got your wish. ND just flipped QB Brandon Wimbush from Penn State.

Yeah the writing was on the wall after his visit. After he left South Bend he told a reporter from Rivals that he needed to go home and spend the next 24 hours "rethinking his life decisions". After he said that, I was pretty confident he was gonna flip. Thats 2 4* recruits that ND has flipped from PSU this recruiting cycle, with Josh Barajas from Andrean being the other.  :cheese: @ PSU

Just a little tidbit I read on Rivals this morning. Mike Farrell, who is the recruiting director at Rivals (and IMO a hack) has said since Wimbush's flip from PSU, that they will possibly  try and go after Tommy Stevens. Just something I read in an article so I have no idea the truth to it. Just something to keep an eye on.

https://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1690213 Here is the link, it is under Quarterback Dominoes.

Just a little tidbit I read on Rivals this morning. Mike Farrell, who is the recruiting director at Rivals (and IMO a hack) has said since Wimbush's flip from PSU, that they will possibly  try and go after Tommy Stevens. Just something I read in an article so I have no idea the truth to it. Just something to keep an eye on.

https://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1690213 Here is the link, it is under Quarterback Dominoes.

Penn State is where QB dreams go to die. Even Hackenberg is playing terribly this year.

Penn State is where QB dreams go to die. Even Hackenberg is playing terribly this year.

Yup, more picks than TD's. In his defense though, he doesn't have much talent around him. He is still an above average QB in the B1G, and he is only a true sophomore. 

Wow, if that rape case situation is true then scumbag is a great description.

James Franklin is testifying in court today regarding the rape case at Vanderbilt. Said he lied to team about seeing video, and has never actually saw it. Not real sure why you would lie about that but....he's  a scumbag so I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Yup, more picks than TD's. In his defense though, he doesn't have much talent around him. He is still an above average QB in the B1G, and he is only a true sophomore. 

His o-line is terrible and he lost his best WR from last year, but he's regressing. He was innaccurrate last year and is even worse this season so far. Against NW the other week his RB flipped out on him on the field for not being able to complete a 10 yard dump pass to him. His footwork is also terrible. Big time talent, but right now is not a good QB. PSU fans have gotten way ahead of themselves in acting like he's the second coming. Him being a sophomore doesn't mean much these days, as the last two Heisman winners were RS freshmen, with one winning a NC last year. Hackenburg has had one really great game (last year vs. Wisconsin) so far in his career, with most of his big moments coming from Allen Robinson bailing him out (GW drive against Michigan last year for example).

Penn State is not a good fit for Stevens. He is going to be one of the guys there, whereas at IU he will be the guy. Penn State hasn't been a destination school for QBs in over 20 years, with the only silver lining being when Bill O'Brien was there.