Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

87ashtonhoosier

NO MORE B.S., FIRE WILSON!

I'm pretty disappointed as well, but I felt he will get this year and next to see what happens.

There's no excuse for this offense, but it is difficult with a Freshman who was red-shirted for a reason. He's not that good right now, but did show some promise and improvement today. Offensive play calling is what I feel is hurting the team.

What do my buddies think? Natty, Reb, Tiny, Mdn?

LOL, I think Diamont is a QB who might have always been a backup if not for transfers and injuries. I am absolutely sure he would never have played this year if not for that. Diamont may make a decent QB by the time his is a junior or senior, and that's even based on the fact that I suspect he'll get a redshirt again next year. IMO, the current problem goes back to ending up with 3 QB's in the same class, and two of them transferring. The passing game was not great before Suds went down, it seems like all the WR's (minus Wynn) who are showing B1G caliber talent are underclassmen, mostly freshmen. Probably the reason we are looking for a JUCO WR for next year.

As far as the play calling, I'm not sure what would make much difference it would make. Last week we had complaints about trick plays being used, this week complaints because of not enough passing plays. I think there is no doubt, that until the passing game gets enough going to make a defense respect it, the rushing game is just going to get keyed on. At this point, Diamont looks like a freshman for whom the game hasn't slowed down any. Limiting the playbook today probably helped him a bit, but its not enough at this point. Any way I look at it, he just shouldn't be on the field this year. If anybody can point to whoever else we can put out there at this point, shout it out, but at this point we have walkons and Danny(?) Cameron, and I'm very doubtful that we are going to find anything better there. 

Ultimately, no matter what I post in the prediction thread, if we win any of our last three games, CKW should be B1G Coach of the year. Without looking at our opponents statistical winnings, I suspect that two of them are not going to be able to shut down Coleman like MSU and PSU did. If Diamont improves a bit in each of those games, and Coleman and Roberts can fight through for a somewhat decent rushing attack, this is pretty much going to come down to the defense. I have no illusions that we are going to shut any of them down, particularly OSU, but with a improving D, we might, and I reiterate, M-I-G-H-T, put ourselves in a position to win against Rutgers and/or Purdue. Would I bet money on it? Nope. 

Personally, I see what we have here is the perfect storm, and am more interested in how we respond next year, than what develops in the next three games. Practically, the rest of this season is basically a teaching and development session. 

As far as thinking that any other coach could have went through the IU QB situation this year and somehow made a winner out of it, I ain't buying that. If you do, Puff, Puff, Pass. 

I'm betting that CKW isn't going anywhere after this year, and that the Glass isn't even being swayed by the wins and losses this year.

What a jerk! If that is the kind of self-serving son of a b that is running this program, it's no wonder we can't win. 
Let's at least try to restore integrity to IU football by canning dumbbell, and hiring someone, anyone of honor.

We have a policy here against name calling. And you are definitely crossing the line there. 

The one thing I.U. could do was score the football( with Nate ). But, now we can't even do that. Why don't we Roberts back there and run the wildcat offense, what do we have to lose?

The one thing I.U. could do was score the football( with Nate ). But, now we can't even do that. Why don't we Roberts back there and run the wildcat offense, what do we have to lose?

How long do you expect the Wildcat offense gimmick, and that's exactly what it is, to work?  Even when the Dolphins ran that it got progressively less effective as teams adjusted.

How long do you expect the Wildcat offense gimmick, and that's exactly what it is, to work?  Even when the Dolphins ran that it got progressively less effective as teams adjusted.

Plus we tried  wildcatting against MSU, and it mostly got slapped down. Diamont isn't even ready to make good decisions in the option. As per the poor decision to option it to Coleman yesterday that lead to the fumble.

Plus we tried wildcatting against MSU, and it mostly got slapped down. Diamont isn't even ready to make good decisions in the option. As per the poor decision to option it to Coleman yesterday that lead to the fumble.

I'm thinking I'd rather have the ball in Roberts, or Colemans hands. That's all. Watching Diamont, is like watching Oprah, or "The view". Terrible.

We'd be in a bowl game if we had Sudfeld, our offense is good, we just need something on defense, anything is better than what we have now

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Defense has definitely made strides from last season, they weren't making nearly the impact at times they are currently making. Again, I don't really see how much of an impact Sudfeld was having, the offense was still mostly TC, with slightly more respect for the passing game

We'd be in a bowl game if we had Sudfeld, our offense is good, we just need something on defense, anything is better than what we have now

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree with your first point, but I think your other 2 are backwards. We just lost a 13-7 game. Our 7 came from the defense, and aside from the 92 yard TD run by Belton, Penn State's scores were set up by our incompetent offense. I thought the defense looked pretty dang good.

Ok, let me get this right? About 75% of the board wants Creans head, 90% want Wilson tied to a rocket and shot off, any others we want fired? Oh yea, Coach Dunn Woods wants to fire Yeagley cuz we suck! We are only ranked #2 in the nation. WTF????? lol

God I love this site!! ;)

Well, Mike Mayer wears funny shoes, he should go too! Of course, he's the golf coach so he kind of has to, but still...

Defense has definitely made strides from last season, they weren't making nearly the impact at times they are currently making. Again, I don't really see how much of an impact Sudfeld was having, the offense was still mostly TC, with slightly more respect for the passing game

Sudfeld was only average this year, and certainly no where close to what most thought he would be. But I think his impact was obvious when comparing the offense pre injury to now. With him we were held below 28 only once. Without him we can't crack 70 passing yards in a game. Diamont makes him look like Tom Brady. 

The fact that the defense looks improved and Wilson has built strong offenses except this year should allow him another year. Assuming we will have the defense is still be good next year and the offense will bounce back next year.

If Wilson is still a jerk behind the scenes then he may wear out his welcome quickly though.

Sudfeld was only average this year, and certainly no where close to what most thought he would be. But I think his impact was obvious when comparing the offense pre injury to now. With him we were held below 28 only once. Without him we can't crack 70 passing yards in a game. Diamont makes him look like Tom Brady.

Why compare him to Brady? Why not Manning, or Luck? Brady......uggghh.

When Wilson first got to campus a friend and I saw him walking near AH. We walked up and said "welcome to IU coach." He sort of looked at us for a few seconds and said "you weren't the little sh!t$ keeping me up all night were you?" We were really confused and said that we had just gotten back from Indy. He just kind of kept walking. It was incredibly strange.