Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

87ashtonhoosier

NO MORE B.S., FIRE WILSON!

How many lame excuses will continue to flow to cover the fact that Wilson is just a poor coach?
Here's the real tipoff, for you Wilson die-hoards, goes right to character. After giving up 571 total yards and losing to Bowling Green, in Wilson's comments on the radio with Fischer, he immediately expressed that 'in a close game like this, He told Del Grosso that we can't afford to miss field goals.'
What a jerk! If that is the kind of self-serving son of a b that is running this program, it's no wonder we can't win. The man will throw anyone under the bus to save himself. How can a coach rationalize a loss in a 90 point game by saying that a single field goal should determine the outcome of a 60 minute game. A good coach would take the blame for not using the other 59:56 outside the kick attempt.
Let's at least try to restore integrity to IU football by canning dumbbell, and hiring someone, anyone of honor.

I'm pretty disappointed as well, but I felt he will get this year and next to see what happens.

There's no excuse for this offense, but it is difficult with a Freshman who was red-shirted for a reason. He's not that good right now, but did show some promise and improvement today. Offensive play calling is what I feel is hurting the team.

What do my buddies think? Natty, Reb, Tiny, Mdn?

David Cutcliffe had four losing seasons at Duke before they made a bowl game. Now they're headed to their third straight post season and possibly second straight ACC Championship game.

Agreed. Much better coaches than Wilson have gotten off to equally slow or even worse starts at programs. You have to remember how bare the cupboard was when Wilson came in, especially on defense. It took Crean (I know...) four years to put a winning basketball team together. Football takes much longer, and if our QB was healthy, we may already be there.

Give Wilson 2 more years. The good players and just starting to show up and we have a chance to be decent in a few years. First we need sudfeld back and or a qb that doesn't scramble every down. If we hang on to Stevens we will crack a bowl game in the next two years

David Cutcliffe had four losing seasons at Duke before they made a bowl game. Now they're headed to their third straight post season and possibly second straight ACC Championship game.

Cutliffe took over a Duke program which was much worse than the program Wilson inherited at IU. From the 2000 through 2007 seasons, Duke had 3 win less seasons, 2 seasons with only 1 win, 2 seasons with only 2 wins, and a four win season. Cutliffe took over in 2008. At the time, Duke was the worse major football program in college football, and while IU was bad, they were no where close to being on the same lowly level Duke was prior to Cutliffe. Had Wilson taken over a similar program, I believe people would have more patience.

I don't mind the idea of brining in John Harbaugh even though IMO that would be settling. He could potentially be a good fit though. He's an "Indiana Man" as he was an IU assistant in 1997, so he gets our culture and that will definitely sit well with the big-wigs running our football program, as last time we didn't stay "in-house" with our coaching search. I'm totally for bringing in former players and assistants back to Bloomington. While we're at it, there is a former IU assistant who deserves a look if Crean is let go. I think his name is Krzyzewski? He's an Indiana Man as well, IU is his dream job, and he loves a challenge. Maybe he's just burned out at Duke and wants to try something new.

(For anyone thinking I'm serious, no, I'm just applying Michigan logic to IU sports).