Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Sad story of James Hardy

25 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Found in river. In allen county. RIP. I looked up to him during my football career. Sad things turned out this way. Prayers for his family and Hoosier nation. He brought a lot to IU football and he loved Hep

This really hurts. James had a lot of issues, but I know how much it hurt him to lose Coach Hep. That was his father figure. And we're coming up on the 10 year anniversary of Hep's death (June 19th).

8ABE9F94-35BA-4A69-8BC3-999ED2D3DF61.jpg

This is on an unrelated note to his death. But since the 10th anniversary is coming up. I know Hep wasn't here long at IU but he is one of the reasons IU football has spark behind it. He saw what we could Be and we are still working towards what his vision was. I think we should name he field Hep field @ memorial stadium. That's just me. He and his family did a lot for the football program. 

4 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

This is on an unrelated note to his death. But since the 10th anniversary is coming up. I know Hep wasn't here long at IU but he is one of the reasons IU football has spark behind it. He saw what we could Be and we are still working towards what his vision was. I think we should name he field Hep field @ memorial stadium. That's just me. He and his family did a lot for the football program. 

I'm good with that. I was a freshman in 07 when he passed, and also massively depressed. As a big football fan, his attitude and his focus really inspired me. I hate cancer. And I hope he gives James a big hug to welcome him home today.

Really sad story. I didn't necessarily think he would be an NFL star, but I thought he had all the tools to be a good receiver for a good while. I remember one game at IU, the QB way underthrew the ball. The eyes of the DB just lit up -- he was sure he was gonna get the pick. Hardy, right behind him, just reached over the top of him and snagged the ball for a TD -- an amazing play by an amazing talent. RIP, James. 

Another thing to add about James. He was a tall WR that had the skills of a slot WR. His routes were precise and his speed for a tall lanky wide wide was something you could not teach. He had a God given talent. Again RIP.