Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Few goes after Emmert

https://sports.yahoo.com/gonzaga-coach-mark-wants-ncaa-make-decisions-corruption-investigation-011257540.html
Gonzaga coach Mark Few wants NCAA to 'make decisions' on corruption investigation

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gonzaga just eliminated itself from title consideration...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

58 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Eastern is just not too good. I don’t see that ending well. He was a top 100 recruit as well.

CE is legit. Those denying it, have the blinders on.

Always happy to see Purdue lose.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed on Edwards, and anyone thinking he can't play in the NBA is crazy. Carson can play point. He will just have to learn to be more of a facilitator and create for others. He can do that

He does force some shots for PU, but he has to.

47 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Trying to think of the best way to defend Purdue. Edwards is such a scorer it’s risky to let him get his and shut everybody else down. I imagine we just rotate fresh defenders on him all night. And try and slow him down

Double him whenever the opportunity is there to get the ball out of his hands. Hedge towards Cline and protect the basket.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Any Purdue fan not terrified for next year isn’t paying attention. 

I was going to type the same thing until I saw your post. My goodness...I know we all hate on Carsen but he is the most valuable player in the Big Ten. They may be worse than Illinois without him. They better hope Haarms, Hunter, Gillis, Newman, and Thompson are the real thing...

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Eastern is just not too good. I don’t see that ending well. He was a top 100 recruit as well.

CE is legit. Those denying it, have the blinders on.

Always happy to see Purdue lose.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Carsen is legit. Don't see the hate on him. He has to shoot that much because they have nothing around him...hence more turnovers. Eastern is a bust so far. I think Haarms is nothing more than a role player. Future not looking good in West Lafayette. Painter couldn't get past the Sweet 16 with that "great" senior class and Swanigan the last few years. If they miss the NCAA's this year he could be on the hot seat going into next season. Archie stealing the in-state kids is hurting him. Hunter, Gillis, and Thompson are probably role players at IU (like Damezi or Jake). PU is expecting them to get major minutes from day 1. I think stealing Rob from them was huge and isn't talked about enough. He is left with the scraps except for Newman. I think he could be really good. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

If they miss the NCAA's this year he could be on the hot seat going into next season.

Doubtful. He just signed a two year extension and his contract will automatically add another year after each season. Unless they're an NIT team three straight years or he breaks rules, he'll coach there as long as he wants...and that's perfectly fine with me.

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Doubtful. He just signed a two year extension and his contract will automatically add another year after each season. Unless they're an NIT team three straight years or he breaks rules, he'll coach there as long as he wants...and that's perfectly fine with me.

Same here but how stupid of them. 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Gonzaga just eliminated itself from title consideration...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Gonzaga will be a 1 seed and somehow play the Portland Trailblazers.

In other northwest news, one of our cupcakes(Montana St) upset Washington St, not bad.

13 hours ago, ebridges24 said:

Agreed on Edwards, and anyone thinking he can't play in the NBA is crazy. Carson can play point. He will just have to learn to be more of a facilitator and create for others. He can do that

He does force some shots for PU, but he has to.

I think he can play in the league in the right situation but I don't believe that just learning to be a facilitator is something that will come easily at all though. He's never been that player. Edwards is a hell of a player but he's a SG in the body of an undersized PG with a 1:1 ast/to ratio this season. 

I'm sure there is some kind of analysis out there on the forum about the NET, so I won't reinvent the wheel, but I just did some analysis of IU's schedule as compared to the NET Rankings and RPI. As most folks know, wins are now broken down into 4 quadrants based on the RPI Rankings which are in parenthesis (released this morning) and whether it was a home, road, or neutral court.

Quadrant 1 and 2 wins are really the only ones that matter. Butler, at Michigan, at Maryland, and vs Nebraska are Indiana's next chances at Q1 wins. Based on how the non-conference schedule played out, getting Q1 wins in the Big Ten is going to be VERY important. Until then, IU will have to continue beating up on inferior talent. 

Quadrant 1 wins:

Marquette (19)

Quadrant 2 wins:

@ Penn State (78)

Louisville (33)

*Note - These rankings WILL change during the season as teams continue to play out their schedule.

22 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I'm sure there is some kind of analysis out there on the forum about the NET, so I won't reinvent the wheel, but I just did some analysis of IU's schedule as compared to the NET Rankings and RPI. As most folks know, wins are now broken down into 4 quadrants based on the RPI Rankings which are in parenthesis (released this morning) and whether it was a home, road, or neutral court.

Quadrant 1 and 2 wins are really the only ones that matter. Butler, at Michigan, at Maryland, and vs Nebraska are Indiana's next chances at Q1 wins. Based on how the non-conference schedule played out, getting Q1 wins in the Big Ten is going to be VERY important. Until then, IU will have to continue beating up on inferior talent. 

Quadrant 1 wins:

Marquette (19)

Quadrant 2 wins:

@ Penn State (78)

Louisville (33)

*Note - These rankings WILL change during the season as teams continue to play out their schedule.

Lets get that Butler win.