Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Not surprised at all since we've NEVER beaten Butler in the crossroads classic. Even when we were #1 in the nation, we still couldn't find a way to beat em. I'm not getting my hopes up for this one. It's gonna be tough and historically we NEVER play well in Indy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s true. For some reason I’m more confident about this upcoming game than I was going into the Louisville game. We shall see. Let’s pray we show up.

Not surprised at all since we've NEVER beaten Butler in the crossroads classic. Even when we were #1 in the nation, we still couldn't find a way to beat em. I'm not getting my hopes up for this one. It's gonna be tough and historically we NEVER play well in Indy.

Just looked it up and I’m seeing we beat Butler in 2014 82-73 when Butler was ranked #23

IMG_5805.thumb.jpg.5417ca8fcc148845ee2f8a4bdc41c43d.jpg

Just scrolling through ESPN app and saw this. Kind of surprised me, although I know little to nothing about Butler except they best Florida in Battle 4 Atlantis. Do you all think we really only have about a 50/50 shot at winning Saturday?

Seems off to me. I am more confident in this game than I was in Arkansas and Louisville games. Although it is true we seem to struggle with Butler.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Big Ten teams w/ wins over teams currently in the KenPom top 50:

MICH: 4
MSU: 4
IU: 4
OSU: 3
WIS: 3
IOWA: 2
NEB: 1
PU: 1
MARY: 1
PSU: 1

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Be interesting to know where the B1G was at this time last year in this regard. Guessing much, much lower.

34 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Seems off to me. I am more confident in this game than I was in Arkansas and Louisville games. Although it is true we seem to struggle with Butler.

Is Jordan Tucker returning? Top 50 recruit in 2017. I'm with you though I'm pretty confident in this game. We match up well with them. 

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

We never shoot well in BLF. Even our better shooting teams have struggled there. If Butler hits as many threes as Louisville did yesterday, I think we lose.

We’ve struggled with Butler in the past, but it’s been two years since we’ve played them.

They have different players, and more relevant, they have a new coach and a new system.

So we really don’t have much of a sense of how we currently play against Butler.

We never shoot well in BLF. Even our better shooting teams have struggled there. If Butler hits as many threes as Louisville did yesterday, I think we lose.
That is absolutely true but I guess the good news here is that we aren't a team that relies on good shooting to win anymore. Their 3 pt % for the season is 37% compared to our 36%. Hopefully they don't go nuts from outside all of a sudden.