Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Of course we turned it down. Have to play Ivy Tech Bloomington because they are in Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We turned it down because it conflicted with the Crossroads Classic.

My point exactly.

Your point is lost. The Butler and ND games have been great staples for our NCSOS, especially ND lately. Would’ve been nice to be able to play in the Champions Tournament, but that’s just unfortunate timing. There will be future opportunities as well.

Well with 20 conference games we are incredibly limited. We already have the ACC/B1G challenge and the Gavitt Games. So then we have 8 games to work with. Glass isn’t smart enough to get out of the Crossroads Classic so there is a game against Butler or Notre Dame in Indy. If we added two games against Kansas and Kentucky every year, then we’d be left with 5 games for the players to take it easier and get some learning in. No way they are scheduling IPFW or Indiana State again for that.

11 noncon games

B1G/ACC (every season)
Crossroads Classic (every season)
Gravity Tip-off (every other year?)

2 vs. puke, dook, UNoClasses, Kansas

That’s 4-5 noncon games per season. Play one road game at an Indiana program and one home game against an Indiana program. Alternate it with Evansville, ISU, Fort Wayne, Ball State, and IUPUI. That leaves 4-5 other noncon games to schedule around Thanksgiving and Christmas for the guys to learn and “take it easier.”

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Looks like Army has Navy beat, so I turned over to Wisconsin- Marquette and promptly see Happ get +1 on a phantom foul. He is an incredibly skilled player and all, but I don't understand the officials love affair with Wisconsin. Every game they seem to be clearly favored by the refs. 

Play Butler or Notre Dame... or maybe have been able to play UCLA, Kentucky or North Carolina... man that’s a tough one.

It’s not an or proposition. We have UNC as part of the ACC Challenge frequently, scheduled UL on our own, and can fill other OOC games later. We entered the Crossroads Classic years before the Champions Tournament even existed. Won’t be surprised if we move on from it after our current obligation is up.