Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Good point. You would think they would do it when the students are off campus for break.

They do it as a recruiting tool for the Chicago area. They usually do it for a non-conference game not sure why they would decide to take away their home advantage for a conference game. It will count as a neutral court win for whoever wins it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, Josh said:

Illinois with their worst start to a season in 111 years lol

I always enjoy a good Illini joke, but they haven’t lost to BAD teams, just not really good deals outside of a couple...

Minny wins it. B1G deciding to have every team play 2 games in early December looks to be a great decision. I was hesitant when they first announced it but nothing but great reviews from everyone in the college basketball world. Spotlight has been on the B1G all week. Other conferences will copy it moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

15 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Minny wins it. B1G deciding to have every team play 2 games in early December looks to be a great decision. I was hesitant when they first announced it but nothing but great reviews from everyone in the college basketball world. Spotlight has been on the B1G all week. Other conferences will copy it moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kentucky will probably copy Illinois having a game at a neutral site...with their opponent being the home team, of course.

They had to pick 20 games in somehow. Indiana is going to need to schedule better though. No reason we are playing our big time OOC games so close together. With the 20 conference games, little room for error in the OOC.

B1G played early games last year when they only played 18 conference games. Delany wanted the B1G to stand out during the early season. It worked nothing but positive reviews

But also decided to do the B1G tourney in Brooklyn and super early. That was dumb. The B1G wasn’t very good last year anyways but there wasn’t any spotlight on the B1G tourney last year.

agree it was dumb to have it early but to say there wasn’t a spotlight on the tourney is false in my opinion. No other power 5 tournament was going on during that week. It was definitely in the spotlight and I can actually admit when I was wrong and say it turned out to be a success. I thought it would fail. It didn’t. Hopefully when they go back to New York they can figure a way to do it without cramming league games throughout that season
https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/5/17081254/big-ten-tournament-move-jim-delany