Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Am I wrong thinking that in the SEC this year, Garland is way better than any of UK’s guards, and Shittu is better than any of UK’s bigs?
Drew has them playing with no discipline though (surprise surprise)

Not wrong. Big boys wanted them badly. Shittu with a double-double in first half. Doesn’t seem like the knee injury slowed him down

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, goonaha said:

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

27th in this week's poll. Marquette is 24th. 

If we take care of business I could see us ranked after this week.  ESPN would love to have a ranked IU team going into Cameron Indoor to face off against the Fightin' Krzyzerakafdoask's

I agree we didn't beat anybody significant but the way we won does matter when it comes to polls... no chance Buffalo is better than us... they beat WV who was ranked 13th however they fell out completely (which is a long fall) and that tells me the AP doesn't really think they are that good yet the win for Buffalo is still that good?

However if we win both this week we should be top 20... no squeaking into the polls..

I agree we didn't beat anybody significant but the way we won does matter when it comes to polls... no chance Buffalo is better than us... they beat WV who was ranked 13th however they fell out completely (which is a long fall) and that tells me the AP doesn't really think they are that good yet the win for Buffalo is still that good?
However if we win both this week we should be top 20... no squeaking into the polls..

Buffalo is legit. That win will hold up nicely on their team sheet. Definitely will be a quad 1 win at the end of the year. They actually have another tough road game tonight at Southern Illinois. I could see Buffalo earning an at-large bid.

11 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Buffalo is legit. That win will hold up nicely on their team sheet. Definitely will be a quad 1 win at the end of the year. They actually have another tough road game tonight at Southern Illinois. I could see Buffalo earning an at-large bid.

They may be... and I agree it will look good at the end of the year... I actually think WV is better than they are being seen right now and will be back in the Top 25 eventually (soon)... I just have a hard time believing Buffalo is better than IU.... Polls this early in the season are based on snap judgments and history plays a part because there hasn't been enough this season to base it on.... because of this we should be 25 they should be 26...

I could see S. Illinois beating them and opening up our spot in the top 25... not that we will need an opening if we win both this week. We will pull the LeapFrog regardless.

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Dukes first true road game is in January for those interested. North Carolina has already played 2

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I saw a chart of every teams 1st true road game and Duke sticks out like a sore thumb.... This is really going to hurt them in my opinion... those first 2 in that same week I can see them not handling it well and losing both of them...

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

It’s like I thought. Weren’t going to be ranked after beating Chicago State and Montana State. IU will be ranked after they beat both Marquette and Arkansas

Doesn't have as much to do with beating those teams as it would for teams 20-25 to have lost. 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Side note Indiana vs Marquette gets the prime time slot of 8:30 on FS1. The national champion 2 out of the last 3 years (Villanova) vs the national runner up last year (Michigan) gets the 6:30 slot
Never fails Tv knows where the money is made

Phew. My Donny Marshall restraining order worked.

Really interested to watch this Kansas-Vermont game tonight. They have several Indiana kids (Duncans) and play really smart ball. Obviously way overmatched but I expect them to keep this closer than most think. I'll take the Vermont +23 all day.