Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

25 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Said it back in March, I'll say it again: the Calipari/UK popularity peaked in 2015. The Wisconsin loss was the beginning of the end.

I agree. Cal seems to have become too fat and happy. With the combination of a national title,  being at a prime coaching position (where you are no longer striving to climb the ladder), and, until recently,  sustained success, it seems he is either lazy or finally being exploited as a coach.

Life is good.  

Edited by BtownStrength

This posted on Rumps Rafters 9:57 last evening. These guys are killing me.

Lets run these pompous ***** into the ground. PJ dunking on Zion mean mugging, Herro splashing 3's, KJ locking down RJ, Travis doing what he does double double and Ashton giving their point guard all he wants. Win the rebound battle, the 3pt battle, FT battle and win the war! Lets go, lets do this! No mercy!

After watching Duke dismantle Kentucky last night, I am not looking forward to our game at Duke.

I am very much looking forward to it. We're expected to lose and we're playing AT Duke so there's nothing to lose and everything to gain. We'll keep this game much closer than Kentucky believe that. Archie will have a game plan ready and keep it respectable and if anything getting to play against a team like them will only help this team get better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

So far.
Barrett is as good as I thought he was. #1 pick in NBA draft.
Williamson is better than I thought he was. And I thought he was really good. Top 5 NBA pick.
Reddish..... idk. Not sold yet but he is playing better than I expected. Top 13 pick.
Trey Jones is very good in his own right.
Jack White is Duke’s McBob.
Bolden isn’t incredible but he gets it done.
Delaurier isn’t too good.
BUT overall, Barrett, Williamson, Jones, and Reddish is just plain silly. Especially Barrett.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I really don't see the mystic and aww for RJ Barrett? I thought he played completely out of control... bull rushing his way into the lane and throwing up very bad shots (about 50% went in)... He has no court vision, he either refuses to pass to others or doesn't see the open player... multiple times going 1 on 4 instead of hitting his superstar teammates.

Zion on the other hand looks beastly! He is by far the best player on the Duke team and in my opinion will be a much better NBA player than RJ.

If I was a Duke fan I would really like Jack White!!!

I’m looking at the Duke game as a barometer. Nobody will expect is to win. We can raise eyebrows by playing tough and competitive. It will be a chance to see where we are and any weaknesses will be exposed. That’s OK. Archie is a coach who will be able to make the adjustments for the rest of the season. If done right we will be a much better team come tournament time. I can’t wait to see what this team can do.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

22 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I am not looking forward to the duke game. We cant shoot free throws and duke looks like a serious threat to the 76 team. Call me crazy but i cant even get close to us winning there. But we get to find out i guessemoji58.png

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I have a hard time seeing a 4 freshmen starting team who only plays 8 guys going an entire season with no losses. They’ll have bad shooting nights, injuries, etc. Kentucky just isn’t as good as people thought they would be. This is what happens when Cal doesn’t get the top 3 guys in every class and has to fish from the bottom half of the 5 star pool. No one on their team is a first round draft pick and none have any experience. 

2 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I have a hard time seeing a 4 freshmen starting team who only plays 8 guys going an entire season with no losses. They’ll have bad shooting nights, injuries, etc. Kentucky just isn’t as good as people thought they would be. This is what happens when Cal doesn’t get the top 3 guys in every class and has to fish from the bottom half of the 5 star pool. No one on their team is a first round draft pick and none have any experience. 

This as bad as Virginia is in tourney games there style will almost certainly beat this duke team at least once. And don’t forget UNC is still cheating more than Tiger Woods

Thoughts from last night's games 

Kansas - best frontcourt in college bball. Azubuike is a beast and if he gets the ball within 5 feet of the hoop it's over. His only issue is he still can't shoot FT's. Grimes is a stud frosh. Definitely up there with the Duke guys and Romeo. Better Lawson brother played under control - this is what good coaching does. He's also an underrated passer. Final 4 team no doubt.

Kentucky - You can't overreact after one game against probably the most talented team in the country. Keldon Johnson looked really good but the rest of the guys looked lost. Cal isn't getting the John Wall/Anthony Davis elite player anymore. Those guys are going to Duke. It's clearly showing from a coaching standpoint. His team last year started off really slow and then got it going towards the end so we'll see but overall not in the same league as Duke or KU. 

Duke - They have three freshman that are unguardable when they are on. Williamson is the best of the bunch. Dude is built like a truck but can play like a guard. He's smooth. They are also pretty long and Jones seems to have a good handle of the PG duties something that was an achilles heel for them last year with Duvall. Yikes this team is scary. 

Mich St - I think they are who I thought they were. Hyped up like usual but they seem to lack that special talent in East Lansing that they usually have. A Miles Bridges/Gary Harris type player. They are a tough bunch and play really hard. Have some good shooters and a solid PG but I think the BIG is certainly up for grabs this year. I don't see them as being any better than a Sweet 16 team if that. 

Just now, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Thoughts from last night's games 

Kansas - best frontcourt in college bball. Azubuike is a beast and if he gets the ball within 5 feet of the hoop it's over. His only issue is he still can't shoot FT's. Grimes is a stud frosh. Definitely up there with the Duke guys and Romeo. Better Lawson brother played under control - this is what good coaching does. He's also an underrated passer. Final 4 team no doubt.

Kentucky - You can't overreact after one game against probably the most talented team in the country. Keldon Johnson looked really good but the rest of the guys looked lost. Cal isn't getting the John Wall/Anthony Davis elite player anymore. Those guys are going to Duke. It's clearly showing from a coaching standpoint. His team last year started off really slow and then got it going towards the end so we'll see but overall not in the same league as Duke or KU. 

Duke - They have three freshman that are unguardable when they are on. Williamson is the best of the bunch. Dude is built like a truck but can play like a guard. He's smooth. They are also pretty long and Jones seems to have a good handle of the PG duties something that was an achilles heel for them last year with Duvall. Yikes this team is scary. 

Mich St - I think they are who I thought they were. Hyped up like usual but they seem to lack that special talent in East Lansing that they usually have. A Miles Bridges/Gary Harris type player. They are a tough bunch and play really hard. Have some good shooters and a solid PG but I think the BIG is certainly up for grabs this year. I don't see them as being any better than a Sweet 16 team if that. 

I would agree. Especially that the Big 10 is up for grabs. Especially with our weak schedule 

3 hours ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

I really don't see the mystic and aww for RJ Barrett? I thought he played completely out of control... bull rushing his way into the lane and throwing up very bad shots (about 50% went in)... He has no court vision, he either refuses to pass to others or doesn't see the open player... multiple times going 1 on 4 instead of hitting his superstar teammates.

Zion on the other hand looks beastly! He is by far the best player on the Duke team and in my opinion will be a much better NBA player than RJ.

If I was a Duke fan I would really like Jack White!!!

He was definitely having some tunnel vision but was also getting to the rim pretty easy against a long/athletic UK team. Barrett reminds me of DeRozan with a better 3 point shot and that player is a perennial all star. You have to remember that this is a 19 year old's first game, I don't think he'll always force shots like he did last night. Zion could be a dominant NBA player but I think he comes with a little more risk than Barrett.