Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

23 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Tom Crean signs 247 #59 Jaykwon Walton.

Good for him. Another team I get to follow, id otherwise not care about.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If Tom plays the game, not many have deeper pockets then the dawgs. SEC is what others hope to emulate when cheating is your priority. Just ask anonymous coaches.

5 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-08-22/division-i-mens-basketball-committee-adopts-new-ranking
This should be fun seeing how this goes. No more relying heavily on RPI

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Will there be transparency for how they use the various parameters to determine NET? Like it or hate it, the formula for RPI was known so anyone that wanted to could compute what their team or other team's RPI was.

Will there be transparency for how they use the various parameters to determine NET? Like it or hate it, the formula for RPI was known so anyone that wanted to could compute what their team or other team's RPI was.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/08/22/ncaa-develops-new-metric-eliminates-rpi-as-primary-sorting-tool/
Good question. I hope they show how they are getting the numbers
Here is good article
I’m excited to dive in the team sheets this year with this new formula.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

What’s his con game? I missed this. This should be good.

He lies to recruits and coaches to gain commitments. He did that with Perea and Vonleh and burned some serious bridges. There is a reason IU never got another La Lumiere player after Perea.

He lies to recruits and coaches to gain commitments. He did that with Perea and Vonleh and burned some serious bridges. There is a reason IU never got another La Lumiere player after Perea.

He lied to recruits to gain commitments? Oh my. Let’s string him by his nuts. I would be more shocked if you can show me one coach that has ever told the 100% truth to each recruit. Come on you are better than this.

12 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

He lied to recruits to gain commitments? Oh my. Let’s string him by his nuts. I would be more shocked if you can show me one coach that has ever told the 100% truth to each recruit. Come on you are better than this.

That **** doesn’t fly in Indiana, nor should it. Local high school and AAU coaches caught on to Crean’s act. Or are they full of it too?

That **** doesn’t fly in Indiana, nor should it. Local high school and AAU coaches caught on to Crean’s act. Or are they full of it too?

Had nothing to do with lies. And you are full of it if you say you believe that. It had to do with his coaching style.  

Edit: His personality rubbed high school coaches wrong in this area. Plus they like to feel like they are in the loop and he is not personable to coaches that questioned him. He isn’t here. He is not a con. That is idiotic to say. Especially when every coach in the history of this game has done what you are downing him on.