Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

11 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Having started a job up in Purdue country I desperately need us to blow the doors off Purdue this season. I desperately want to talk some smack 

If you do get the chance, I guarantee the first thing you'll hear is all-time series. Literally the only fanbase I've ever heard to reference that.

A few interesting things from watching the LSU elite 8 game.

-The old commercials are fantastic. Old timers remember King Cobra malt liquor (in a can no less)

-IU’s first sub was with about 2 min to go in the first half

-Garrett committed to IU without stepping foot onto campus, a 2 hr phone conversation with knight was all it took

-Hillman was Knights first committed recruit West of the Mississippi River

-Knight would of probably been ejected if the game was played today. First tech for coming on to the court and he probably should of got a second one for punching the phone

-A young Tim Garl getting some air time coming out to check on Callaway after he went down

-Everyone talks about the Unlv and Syracuse games and rightly so but I feel this LSU game was just as good

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not looking good right now. I sure hope Thomas misses a 5 footer and Callaway tips it in for the win.      Could you imagine the game thread for this game. 

C88D0FC3-2FF9-46C2-A552-01141AD9BB62.jpeg

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

A few interesting things from watching the LSU elite 8 game.

-The old commercials are fantastic. Old timers remember King Cobra malt liquor (in a can no less) emoji23.png

-IU’s first sub was with about 2 min to go in the first half

-Garrett committed to IU without stepping foot onto campus, a 2 hr phone conversation with knight was all it took

-Hillman was Knights first committed recruit West of the Mississippi River

-Knight would of probably been ejected if the game was played today. First tech for coming on to the court and he probably should of got a second one for punching the phone

-A young Tim Garl getting some air time coming out to check on Callaway after he went down

-Everyone talks about the Unlv and Syracuse games and rightly so but I feel this LSU game was just as good

THOSE are the takeaways?!?

Ahem...did Thomas miss that lil' jumper only to have Ricky tip it in? I must know!!!!  ;)

Ahem...did Thomas miss that lil' jumper only to have Ricky tip it in? I must know!!!!  ;)

Sorry I was sleeping at the wheel

Yes Ricky tipped it in for about the 100th time I’ve watched it. Amazing it goes in every time. The best is the interview with Packer and Musburger after the game. Knights smart @$$ answer about working on the play where Thomas misses the shot and Ricky tips it in. Always loved the banter between packer and knight

On to the Unlv game. I got a bad feeling Banks for Unlv is going to be on fire from 3 and Wade is going to have a big assist day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yes Ricky tipped it in for about the 100th time I’ve watched it. Amazing it goes in every time. The best is the interview with Packer and Musburger after the game. Knights smart @$$ answer about working on the play where Thomas misses to the shot and Ricky tips it in. Always loved the banter between packer and knight
On to the Unlv game. I got a bad feeling Banks for Unlv is going to be on fire from 3 and Wade is going to have a big assist day.

As long as we slow the pace and don't try to run and gun against the Running Rebels we should be fine.    ;)

23 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yes Ricky tipped it in for about the 100th time I’ve watched it. Amazing it goes in every time. The best is the interview with Packer and Musburger after the game. Knights smart @$$ answer about working on the play where Thomas misses the shot and Ricky tips it in. Always loved the banter between packer and knight

I still think we'll win and I bet we go ahead and play the fast pace too.

As long as we slow the pace and don't try to run and gun against the Running Rebels we should be fine.    ;)

Lol. Yep. Packer on the broadcast before the game “IU will need to slow the pace down to have a chance against the running rebel’s no way can they run with the rebel’s. Halftime 53-47 IU. Nice call Packer.

If you do get the chance, I guarantee the first thing you'll hear is all-time series. Literally the only fanbase I've ever heard to reference that.
While telling IU fans to stop living in the past i.e. the banners.
It's a dingbat double-down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Knight said it was our Freak Offense when asked about the tip in.

Obviously In reference to Dale Brown calling his defense the Freak Defense. 

One of his best of many great put downs.

5 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

We've gotta keep it in the low 70's or we have no chance.

Well it wasn’t always pretty and it took some poor FT shooting at the end of the game by Syracuse but the Hoosiers pulled it out again.   Thanks for people putting up with me live message boarding during my rewatch 

Next spring or summer, we should live watch a full game together that's available on youtube and comment/reminisce about it.

Well it wasn’t always pretty and it took some poor FT shooting at the end of the game by Syracuse but the Hoosiers pulled it out again.   Thanks for people putting up with me live message boarding during my rewatch 

198A3E11-BF93-4730-80F3-89E782016127.jpeg

I recognize the back of that head, Steve Eyl!

Cal finally got over his fear of scheduling Indiana and scheduled Indiana (PA)....I see why he didn't want to schedule Indiana. 5 point game with 15 minutes left. Anyone else unimpressed with UK??? Their offensive sets are nonexistent and their players look so out of place at all times on D.