Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

37 minutes ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25071066/five-star-recruits-offer-mixed-reaction-g-league-alternative-college?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Interesting little interview article on ESPN about new G League option for 5* kids. Quotes and opinions from Matt Hurt's dad, Trendon, Isiah Stewart, etc.

Good article that confirms some of the pro's and con's of the proposal.  I thought M. Hurt's dad had an interesting comment about what he was going to study in college (basketball).

1 hour ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25071066/five-star-recruits-offer-mixed-reaction-g-league-alternative-college?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Interesting little interview article on ESPN about new G League option for 5* kids. Quotes and opinions from Matt Hurt's dad, Trendon, Isiah Stewart, etc.

Interesting though not entirely surprising perspective from an NBA GM saying the coaches and development in college is better than the G League. Seems like the only way it will work is if the NBA has full access to these kids and it becomes a true minor league system.

The only way this will work is if the G-League becomes the number 2 league in the world and/or teams start sending stars to the G-league to rehab after injuries to draw crowds and increase revenue. 

In addition these teams need to be in larger media markets. 

1 hour ago, Joe DeLow said:

IMG_0472.jpg
I’m thinking if Indiana went crazy, left Adidas saying they are too risky for the well being on the athletic programs because of the recent events(could that get us out of the contract) and go with Puma. Then we are the flagship program to a building brand who has signed Ayton and Bagley and recently signed Boogie Cousins as well. I’d love some crimson and cream Puma basketball shoes. I want these things anyways. I’ve always felt we should have never stayed with Adidas when the new deal came about a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Looks like a McDonald's quarter pounder for your foot.

1 hour ago, Joe DeLow said:

IMG_0472.jpg
I’m thinking if Indiana went crazy, left Adidas saying they are too risky for the well being on the athletic programs because of the recent events(could that get us out of the contract) and go with Puma. Then we are the flagship program to a building brand who has signed Ayton and Bagley and recently signed Boogie Cousins as well. I’d love some crimson and cream Puma basketball shoes. I want these things anyways. I’ve always felt we should have never stayed with Adidas when the new deal came about a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

th.jpg.7d5c4dd35670db0e633c4de05174faed.jpg

Sloth approves of these shoes.

29 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Mark Smith granted a waiver from ncaa and is eligible for Missouri this season. Lol. Passing them out like candy

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Claimed emotional abuse by Underwood as his rationale for immediate eligibility 

Now gets to play against the Illini in December. 

Freakin’ brilliant; they may bring back Dee Brown to assault him at center court during player introductions. 

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/blogs/nathan-baird/2018/10/27/purdue-basketball-falls-west-virginia-closed-scrimmage/1788357002/

Some info on Purdue’s closed scrimmage. Obviously these results have to be taken with a grain of salt, but WVU did play without 2 starters. One of them being their best player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 10/28/2018 at 1:23 PM, Brass Cannon said:

Edwards was 5-15 with 9 turnovers. 

Lol lots different when defenses are focused on you

Agreed. I know preseason rankings are just for fun and conversation but no way should they be ranked-even if it is towards the bottom. Edwards and maybe that grad transfer are the only major impact players that I see. Eastern and Haarms did not impress me at all last year despite the hype.